So what happened on my first night out?

Sarah

Last night was a big night. No big event just friends down the pub. But this was my first night out in 2 years as 1) a single woman, and 2) a non smoker.

I wore an almost embarrassingly short dress and suitably uncomfortable shoes, did my hair and make up and aside from having a bit of a suprise cry was ready.

Down the pub there were a lot of joint friends, people who were both mine and his (the ex) friends.

I took robf's advice and told my best friends my plan of escape if things get bad.

Well. It wasn't that bad. People went outside for smoke breaks and I realised I had about 5 non smoking friends. I hadn't ever considered how many smoking or non smoking friends I had before! This made it easier.

I bitched and off loaded about "the bastard ex" they agreed like friends should. They even commented on my skin looking good!

Several drinks later. I started getting triggers. BIG triggers. Wanted a cigarette so badly so decided to leave. Fell off my chair and flashed my knickers to the entire pub. Yes, it was time to leave! Maybe the short dress and heels wasn't the best idea!

A (non smoking) girl friend actually walked me home and made sure I was watered and fed back at my flat. Awesome friends. Awesome night!

I did it!

• Like 8

Sounds like a good night - except of course for the craves, falling off the chair and knicker flashing bit !! The good news is each time you face down these situations the stronger you get ! 3daa4cc69413a4a4fda538b0ecb14120_zps9b10

Oh and give your friends a thank you hug for me - they sound like awesome support ! 3daa4cc69413a4a4fda538b0ecb14120_zps9b10

• Like 1

great job not smoking whilst drinking, i dont know why but i thought your quit was because of your break up with your partner and maybe it might not last for to long, but now as each day passes i can feel you have a strong quit going and i am soo happy for you, keep up this life changing quit sarah you got this soooooo sorted.

• Like 1

Big test for yourself and you did excellent (except falling of the bar stool thing)

You will probably make some new non smoking friends and might not see some smoking frirnds as much.

Nice work on keeping your quit

• Like 1

Lol I was about to say an early night and you're only home at 5.40 ;)

Well done you that is a massive achievement, soo bloody happy for you. Once you had your Sunday best on I wouldn't worry too much about flashing, bet the men loved it, you certainly made an Exit lol

• Like 1