What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Just got done downloading and then uninstalling a game on my smartphone because the privacy agreement pretty much says that they're going to sell my information to anyone they can as well as collect any data they can from any account of mine they can access. And if that wasn't bad enough the policy was the size of a book with links to links to read about whatever. California even had our own link so of course I clicked on that thinking ok this is where it says they don't sell any of my info because California doesn't allow it. Nope, just more detailed explanation of what and how exactly they are going to do it lol.

I generally look over the privacy policies but rarely read them word for word and this ones you would literally need a week to go through as each link had its own drawn out description. 

It was the weirdest privacy policy I have ever read but I have to hand it to their honesty lol. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/13/2023 at 7:25 PM, intoxicated yoda said:

I got a varmint that started eating my chickens so I'm waiting for him to show up and find the little surprise I left for his ass tonite.  Why do I feel like Bill Murray's character in Caddy Shack?

Somthing like this....

yoda.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, jillar said:

@reciprocity, it's so great to see you!!! You've been missed, xoxo :)

8 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Mr Piggy 

How wonderful to see you back here ..

Its a good day indeed .x

200w (2).gif

Been away co-staring in a Broadway musical 🐷

311240238_PigDancing.gif.c430c390309fd923137d9dcf0b4e5746.gif

• Haha 4

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone!

I am not sure in what category I should post this, so please bear with me.  Anyway, I had to change my email password today. It worked in my gmail website account and on my Iphone when I changed it.  I use Outlook 2013 email client on my computer and I tried to change my password there.  It didn't work, so I looked online how to do it, and what I read is the same thing that I'm doing.  Are any of you computer geeks that can help me, because nothing that I have tried in Outlook 2013 on my computer has worked.  I keep getting "Enter username and and password for the following server" dialog box.  The server info is the same...the only thing I changed was my password.  Anyone that can help me, I am so grateful!!  Thank you!!!

26 minutes ago, QuittingGirl said:

Hi everyone!

I am not sure in what category I should post this, so please bear with me.  Anyway, I had to change my email password today. It worked in my gmail website account and on my Iphone when I changed it.  I use Outlook 2013 email client on my computer and I tried to change my password there.  It didn't work, so I looked online how to do it, and what I read is the same thing that I'm doing.  Are any of you computer geeks that can help me, because nothing that I have tried in Outlook 2013 on my computer has worked.  I keep getting "Enter username and and password for the following server" dialog box.  The server info is the same...the only thing I changed was my password.  Anyone that can help me, I am so grateful!!  Thank you!!!

I will hit the report on this so @jillar can hopefully help you out with it. 

If you have a credit or debit card, please read this carefully.  My credit card recently got hacked.  I reported it and the bank cancelled my card and issued me a new card, but there were charges on the new card before I ever received it.  To make a long story shorter, 6 weeks and 5 new cards later, we were able to figure out that a digital wallet had been made with my original card info that had set up a recurring charge to an ecommerce site.  Here is where you want to pay close attention.  According to the info that I got, anyone can set up a digital wallet with any card on any device and they don't need any input or authorization from the card owner.  All they need is the cards information.  Furthermore, when you change cards, like maybe for fraudulent charges, the bank will issue you a new card and update all the digital wallets attached to that card, including the fraudulent wallet, with the new card information.  If you don't tell the bank explicitly to delete any and all digital wallets associated to that card they will keep issuing you new cards and updating the criminals with the new info and you'll be wondering how charges get keep getting applied to cards before you get possession of them.  These digital wallets are not secure.  The back door on these things is wide open and the bank has a big welcome mat set out in front of it.  becareful out there.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@QuittingGirl, I googled how to change your outlook 2013 password and found a step-by-step if that helps

https://www.process.st/how-to/change-password-on-microsoft-outlook/

I also found this on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/change-your-password-in-outlook-com-2138d690-811c-4545-b2f3-e4dbe80c9735

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Gus said:

😯 Thanks Yoda! I would have never known. Making a note of this in my banking file. I’m sorry that you went through this. Frickin’ thieves. @intoxicated yoda

I am thankful for having gone through a little bit of inconvenience to find out this issue.  In this case ignorance is not bliss and if me posting this here saves one person some grief then my job is done.  Hopefully there are people taking steps to solve this issue.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jillar said:

@QuittingGirl, I googled how to change your outlook 2013 password and found a step-by-step if that helps

https://www.process.st/how-to/change-password-on-microsoft-outlook/

I also found this on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/change-your-password-in-outlook-com-2138d690-811c-4545-b2f3-e4dbe80c9735

Thanks Jill, I tried all that and I keep getting some sort of error message.  I tried about 5 times.  So now I am using Thunderbird email client and that seems to be working ok.  I just have to get used to the interface of the program.  It's not as good as Outlook.

• Like 1