Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

1 hour ago, Reciprocity said:

Bet she's proud that Dad quit!!

She was the first one in the family on my case about smoking, think she started lecturing me when she was 7 or 8 years old. Bless her heart! 

Edited by overcome
  • Like 3

My Grandfather, on my father's side, was a championship marksman with I believe if was called The Canadian Rifle Association. He won many awards in shooting competitions.

Today in Canada, next to impossible to own a firearm legally. Semi automatic and automatic rifles all banned. Many hand guns as well banned.

The criminals have illegal guns of course but so far, they're pretty much using them on each other 😞 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Reciprocity said:

My Grandfather, on my father's side, was a championship marksman with I believe if was called The Canadian Rifle Association. He won many awards in shooting competitions.

Today in Canada, next to impossible to own a firearm legally. Semi automatic and automatic rifles all banned. Many hand guns as well banned.

The criminals have illegal guns of course but so far, they're pretty much using them on each other 😞 

I get it, my wife is Canadian eh. 

We have been watching the Government getting more tyrannical up there for a while, Vancouver is about as safe as Seattle or Portland now days. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We can file this away as: Things we don't expect to ruin our game of golf!

(click on link to open video)

https://globalnews.ca/news/9871471/bear-video-golf-bag-course/?utm_source=newsshowcase&utm_medium=gnews&utm_campaign=CDAqEAgAKgcICjDM1YULMM75ggMw0a_WAQ&utm_content=rundown

Edited by Reciprocity
  • Haha 4

Makes me terribly sad to see pics of the destruction of the town of Lahaina in Maui.

I remember being there some years ago and it was magical! In particular, a magnificent tree in the town square. It looked to be a hundred years old or more. Now gone; all of it! The tree, the town square where people gathered. the quaint shopping district and many, many businesses. So sad 😪 It was a beautiful place with so many beautiful local people. All gone now in a day's time. Prayers for those people 🙏

https://www.google.com/search?q=You+Tube+Lahaina+on+Fire&rlz=1C1CHBF_en&oq=You+Tube+Lahaina+on+Fire&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQRRhA0gEJMTIxNzVqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:02f966e8,vid:UEy7eewsrmk

• Sad 3

• 5 weeks later...

I was thinking about how accomplished my week was then thought about extras I had slipped in this week one of which was sending a rescue toilet paper slide down the wall of the bathtub to help a daddy long leg out of it. He was trying so hard to get up the sides and their skinny legs are so delicate that grabbing it almost always results in loss of limb and its pretty pathetic watching a daddy long leg walk with a missing limb 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, jillar said:

I was thinking about how accomplished my week was then thought about extras I had slipped in this week one of which was sending a rescue toilet paper slide down the wall of the bathtub to help a daddy long leg out of it. He was trying so hard to get up the sides and their skinny legs are so delicate that grabbing it almost always results in loss of limb and its pretty pathetic watching a daddy long leg walk with a missing limb 

You're lucky he didn't get you with his pincer legs 😵

1654950857_DaddyLonglegs.gif.dba656ae004235ab17315be3ec256883.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...