Stop smoking

Bignon

I can tell you with complete and utter confidence that you can do it.

I’m 52!and started when I was 15. One month in and I feel fantastic.

A whole bunch a great folks around here that help me immensely. 

If you hang around here you won’t smoke. 

Hello Latoya’s stepdad. She’s one of them great folk I was telling you about.

I can tell you what helps me… 

I can smoke, I just don’t want to. They do nothing for me, I get nothing from them. Cigarettes  seriously give me nothing. They take away. 

They take away my money my health and my time.

Edited by Octain

Just now, Bignon said:

Great thanks I will hang on this is my first day 

That’s all you need, today. Go to bed tonight without smoking a cigarette today.

Challenge yourself. When you feel like you need to smoke manipulate your mind into thinking about something else. 

There are bunch of folks here that are living proof that it can be done. 

• Like 1

Big, you can definitely do this!  You have taken the most important step which is to commit to not smoking anymore. Stay on this path regardless of what you think or feel, whatever happens or you think is going to happen. You are in command of that one thing. It's called "NOPE," which means "not one puff ever."  Whatever goes on within or around you, all you need concern yourself with is this.  If you do that, you will be successful. If you're having a hard time, come here anytime to vent or ask questions. There are many good people here who are more than happy to help.   

Wont it be great when you and Latoya can look back and say, "remember when we used to SMOKE??  Thank God we're over THAT!"

Big, welcome.  You can do this just remember the NOPE pledge each day.  Lots of people here to help and a lot of information on this forum that will help you, take time to read and it will help you greatly.  I smoked for over 40 years and like Octain I am now 1 month in and getting stronger each day.

Edited by Martian5
  • Like 2

Hello and Welcome Bignon!

Congratulations on deciding to take back your life and be free from this addiction! As others have already mentioned, there is 1 simple

rule to being successful at this - just N.O.P.E. each day. Take things 1 day at a time or even 1 hour at a time in these early days and you will

soon be free and looking back wondering why you didn't do it sooner.

Read all you can on this board about this addiction, what it really is and how it will try and lure you back. Education about this horrible addiction and the support you will get here from other NON - SMOKERS will be a huge help. Also, participate here all you can. That will help you stay focused on the task at hand.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hello and welcome to the fabulous place...

There is alot of long time smokers here...and have been just where you are....

Take your seat ..buckle up tight....and expected to travel on this amazing journey of your life !!!!

Read and watch all the videos on the main board...they are green pinned..knowledge...gather your knowledge...to fight this monster....

Join our Daily NOPE...it is a promise you won't smoke for 24 hrs...but helps you set up your day..

Looking forward to getting to know you better..

Welcome to the Quit Train Bignon.

Just remember that the cravings always pass and the only requirement for a successful quit is that you don't stick things in your mouth and light them on fire.

Congratulations on choosing to take your life back.  Enjoy the ride.