One Week!

backtoreality

What an incredible feeling to have gone a whole seven days without one of those "nails in my coffin." 

My skin feels less ashy, my hair is not stinky, my breath is fresh for the first time in forever and I have this board and all of you to thank for it.  The week brought all kinds of challenges but there is also a deep pride and the feeling that if all of you can do it, I can do it, too.

Man, that little nicotine monster is insidious, though. 

These thoughts come drifting through like, "Hey, you've gone a week so let's celebrate with a smoke!"  Uh...NO!  Let's celebrate any of the six million other ways there are to celebrate.  Tomorrow I get a nice long Swedish deep tissue massage at a spa as a treat for being so good to my body.  I get to go paddle-boarding on South Beach where I live. 

And my jack russell loves that I'm spending so much more time loving on him/playing with him instead of sitting on the front porch polluting us both with cigarettes.  It never even crossed my mind that he was being affected, too, since "I only smoked outside."  With him right next to me, of course.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great post BTR!! You have encapsulated what we pretty much all feel as we go through that first part of our quit. I'm glad you are focusing on the positives you are already enjoying. Those just get more plentiful as time goes on :) And yes, pride in what you have accomplished is one of those things that most of us don't expect when we start out but it's a huge added bonus!

Yes - be sure to celebrate your early victory! You have had to work hard for it so take some time to smell the roses :)

• Like 3