Catching up

Dee

Dropped by to catch up. Still getting used to the new site. And missing you guys. Life has been a whirlwind good and bad. My son starts the policy academy in January that is exciting as this has been his goal. Mom has been pretty sick from her Immunotherapy, because she has had a bad reaction they have postponed her PET scan until after the New Year. Packing up the NY office for my boss. I landed a new job which literally fell into my lap. I start Jan. 15th. I am excited but sad as I have been here 10 years and my best friend and work partner is going to Florida with the new office. This has been very hard time but trying to be her cheerleader as she is literally picking up at 55 years old to try a new life. The coworker and my old smoking partner (the one with stage four cancer) died suddenly from a fall two weeks ago. I know in my heart that may have been a blessing as there wasn't any current treatment for her she was doing experimental trials. So good and bad life is moving along. 2018 will be bringing lots of change.

So what is everyone expecting the New Year to bring. Other than clean air from not smoking LOL. 

• Like 1

I think this will be a year of significant changes for me as well. Not clear on exactly what or when but ..... stay tuned! Change is good though. Reawakens you as a person I think. Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and your mother's poor health as well. As you noted. life is always a mix of good and not so good things. Hope you enjoy what's ahead and at the very least, we will all move forward as smoke-free people. That's a REALLY good thing :)

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 1

Nice to see you Dee.  Life is, indeed, a great mixup of ups and downs. (Biggest up=quitting smoking - yay!). Despite that resplendent victory, this has been a year of many downs for me, so I'm happy to see the azz-end of 2017. Can't come soon enough for me.   Here's to a fantastic 2018 for everyone. 

• Like 1