Bad News Folks

Amy

Awh Amy im gutted for you, you had all the hard work done, please try and start again today, be quit buddies with Soozie, you deserve to live a healthy smoke free life, as soon as you wake up quit again, don't put it off, tomorrow never comes, do you really want to still be a smoker in 5 -10 years time?

Come on pet we want to help you succeed, your life is worth sooo much more, you need to see cigarettes for what they are not what you think they do for you x

• Like 1

Amy :(

You said yesterday that tomorrow was your new quit date. So that means that today is your new quit date. No more cigarettes.

This time you know you can do it because you did so well last time.

We will help in anyway that we can, but without an SOS there isn't much we can do... Next time promise to post one :)

Let's beat this thing together

• Like 1

So sorry Amy.

Like you say read Allen Carr's book, follow the instructions.

The good thing is it seems that when we feel truly dreadful, after an act, it's because we are acting against what is the 'real us/person' that we are. So the real 'you' is, it seems, a smoke free one so that's good news for you. Use the book to remove the mental chains you have currently.

• Like 1

Hi Amy sorry I missed this yesterday, no judgements sweetheart, we don't judge here, we just offer help and support we all speak honestly and its good that you did too, you do realise that we all have been where you are right now, I've had many quits and fallen off because like you my mind was set on smoking, but that is what the addict does, you believe the lies so much that nothing else can get in so you smoke.  Underneath all the lies and struggle you know that you don't what to smoke and you need to grab hold of that with both of your hands and never never let go, the addict will fight you from the other side as much as he can but you need to be stronger and realise that you are making this life changing quit for you because you are worth it, tell yourself that Amy you are worth it.  Its not going to be easy and you will struggle with the craves, but once you start to believe that the craves are only a thought and will only grow bigger if you let them you can over come them. Don't put off the quit any longer because as each time you smoke from now on your re-forming the pattern you have fought so hard to break.  We are all here Amy waiting xxx

• Like 1

Amy.

Great practice quit!

Loads of good advice above. I am an Allen Carr fan. He will help you understand whether you 'want' to smoke. I am sure relapsing made you feel terrible. The trick now is to start again - and do the things that you didn't do last time. Write that contract, keep a list of reasons, pledge to SOS before smoking, read the book etc...

Don't give up quitting Amy. 

That sure does make me feel better a practice quit.  This time I am in the game.

• Like 2

I feel like an idiot.. all crying and struggling over a pack of cigarettes?  Really??  To be honest smoking did not make me feel any better than I was before. Now I know what I am not missing.  My chest hurts a little and I disappointed myself. I am sitting her second my head in disbelief.  I am going to read Alan Carr today in my slow times at work.  I am going to learn the easy way to quit.

And even if it turns out not to be so easy I am still quitting. Thanks everyone for all of your support.  :)

• Like 6

Good to hear Amy. Its a brand new day.....full of opportunity. :) 

There are two days in every week
about which we should not worry,
Two days which should be kept free of fear and apprehension.

One of these days is YESTERDAY,
With its mistakes and cares,
Its faults and blunders,
Its aches and pains.
YESTERDAY has passed forever beyond our control.

All the money in the world cannot bring back YESTERDAY.
We cannot undo a single act we performed;
We cannot erase a single word we said.
YESTERDAY is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is TOMORROW
With its possible adversities, its burdens, its larger promise.
TOMORROW is also beyond our immediate control.

TOMORROW, the sun will rise,
Either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds,
But it will rise.
Until it does, we have no stake in TOMORROW
For it is as yet unborn.

This leaves only one day - TODAY.
Any man can fight the battles of just one day.
It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities
- YESTERDAY and TOMORROW -
That we break down.

It is not the experience of TODAY that drives men mad.
It is remorse or bitterness for something which happened YESTERDAY
And the dread of what TOMORROW may bring.

Let us, therefore, live but ONE day at a time.

Author Unknown

• Like 4

Hi Amy, 

I've had to start again today it's the 23rd of April here. When you wake up in the morning it will be the 23rd for you as well. We could have the same quit date - what do you think ??? 

Hi Soozie,

Missed this post .. yes today is my quit day.  Yours as well?  I am reading Alan Carrs book.  I have to do something and it is only reading.  Have you read the book THEEASYWAY?

• Like 3

Amy - Glad you're getting back on the horse. "The Easy Way to stop smoking" by Allen Carr helped me reach the point where I was finally ready to quit. Before that, I thought I enjoyed smoking. That book stripped away any illusions I had about smoking. Glad to hear you're reading it too. How do you like it so far?

Keep the quit going, You can do it! You have a lot of support here and people rooting for you. It's the best thing you'll ever do for yourself and it's worth it. :)