CHECKING IN

I am up preparing for my first day well morning without a smoke. Throat is sore and the longing for that morning cigarette is intense. I knew that that first one in the morning would be one of the worst to deal with but I made sure I noped as soon as I got up. My hands are so warm today and my feet are not numb. Could this be that circulation returns that quickly?

I have a question for whoever may have an answer. I have a doctor appointment next month but if anyone here has taken bp meds did it Make a difference in your meds at all?

Sorry seem to be rambling on. Need to go and read some more.

Doreen thanks for asking how I am doing. So far this morning I am fighting that first cigarette in the morning. But I am doing this. Closing in on 24 hours soon. That and my pledge keeps me free.

• Like 5

You've got this Bernadette!  

No matter what the next 24 hours holds....as long as you don't take a single puff....you are that much closer to ridding your body of nicotine and you will never have to go through these first few days again!

I don't have an answer about the BP meds but I can only imagine quitting smoking will help reduce your blood pressure.  Definitely your pulse rate.

Remember to drink lots of water to flush your system and also include some juices like cranberry or orange juice as quitting smoking sometimes lowers blood sugar.

Well done!!

• Like 3

Great going...doing that early pledge saved my quit a few times..once I promised myself ..I would break it..

I felt a improvement right away with my circulation..the pain in the ankles has ceased quite alot in the first 48 hrs..

It took a few weeks ..before all the pain in the legs had gone..and I had hope my feet were saved yaaaaa.

I carnt help with the BP meds.(sorry )...I'm sure your doctor can..

It does get easier..this I can tell you...well done !!!!

• Like 1

Circulation returns some within 20 minutes. Wait till your pink again with no bad breath. Takes some time for the color but breath is now. And wash all your clothes within two days because smell returns on day three and stink is everywhere you smoked.

Juice and sleep

• Like 3

Good job Bernadette! You're doing it :)

That first smoke in the morning is the one that stands out to a lot of us. Change up your morning routine and that will help your brain to focus on a change from what it's used to. Change from coffee to something else if you have that in the morning. Take a shower or bath right away as soon as you're out of bed. That will work as well. Doesn't have to be anything major, just arrange things a little differently than what your normal routine is. An hour at a time for these early days - you'll be fine.

• Like 3

Well 24 hours done and heading into day two. It has been intense but am handling it. Counting the hours. No energy at all. Time does go by quicker when watching the videos. Just letting you all know I made it through one day. If I can do one I surely can do two. Thanks all for all the input. It helps so much.

• Like 3