Day three & Im still here

Lyn4Life

Its 3rd day of my quit.

Its 7.30am. Having my morning cup of tea instead of coffee.

Coffee in the morning now makes me feel very jittery...can certainly do without that!!

Very strange not having my usual coffee and ciggy in the mornings...instead, I am on this site reading and posting :)

• Like 4

Good idea to switch up the coffee for tea.  You will want to stay away from associations as much as you can until you come to terms with the addiction and its triggers.

Something to keep in mind being that nicotine processes caffeine.  I can't remember how it all works but the upshot is that you can be much more sensitive  to caffeine.

Good show so far!   :)

Way to go...

staying active on here is a great way to stay distracted, yet focused on your quit.....

if that makes sense....lol

Eye on the prize and moving ahead!

So right!! The first 3 days are really really hard!!

But I've done it!

This site has helped heaps. I have learned a lot. It helps knowing that you all know exactly how I feel :) Thank you again!!

• Like 3

Sarge is much confused.

Can you count to three?

In this post (on the 15th (https://www.quittrain.com/topic/8703-day-two-relapse/)) you smoked "this morning" ...

But in the current post Sarge reads "it's third day" ...

Sarge has to go with the "you can't count to 3" because the only other option is you're being dishonest, and (trust us) it is QUITE IMPOSSIBLE to quit without 100% honesty.

You smoked in the 15th.

The 16th was THE FIRST day of your new quit. You don't get to start the count before your last cigarette.

Easy Peasy

The morning of 15th at 7am, I caved & had one cigarette...my last cigarette. My first day of my quit began.

The morning of 16th, is the start of my second day.

This morning of 17th, is the start of my third day.

It is now close to 9.30pm and it's my bedtime here in Australia.

I am now in the 3rd day of my quit and in the morning, Sunday 18th, I will begin my 4th day.

Does that clear it up enough for you Sgt.barney?? Did I make it clear enough for you to understand? You must be very easily confused & a bit slow...

• Like 1

The morning of 15th at 7am, I caved & had one cigarette...my last cigarette. My first day of my quit began.

I am now in the 3rd day of my quit and in the morning, Sunday 18th, I will begin my 4th day.

Does that clear it up enough for you Sgt.barney?? Did I make it clear enough for you to understand? You must be very easily confused & a bit slow...

ignore anything less than supportive and uplifting here and otherwise. so proud of you for sticking with your quit and getting through three days - gives me hope! xoxo

• Like 2

Thank you. I have a fair way to go yet, but getting through these last few days was huge for me :)

Seriously, if I can do it...you can too.

I do feel its being able to get on this site, learn more by reading everything, knowing that everyone here knows how I feel & sharing experiences

• Like 2

Sarge will catch up with you on your next relapse.

Until then ...

Easy Peasy

Newbies...get yourself a ticker...on the top of the main board you will find how to do this..?

They are fun...its great to see your days clock up...and the amount of cigs not smoked...and

Seeing all those lovely dollars you are saving adding up...

This has been a major tool ikn my toolbox ..x

• Like 1