up and down

The week is such a roller coaster of a ride..your free of nicotine now..well done ...

But your brain has some way to go..it has to learn your a non smoker now..

Fight through it Kenzie..this is how you will free yourself..

Keep reading here..knowledge..understand this horrible addiction...

If you havnt read Allen Carr the Easy Way ..please taken the time to read this fabulous book..

It's help millions and most of us too..

You can read it free on line.. Keep pushing on..it really does get better..x

• Like 3

Kenzie, the first while is like that. Up days and days when you want to crawl into bed and pull the covers up over your head hoping the nicodemon will just go away. It's all normal so just go with it and use the tools you have been using so far to fight off the urge to smoke. This addiction is crafty and will attach you (mentally) when you are at you weakest. Understand that and just refuse to give in, no matter what! These crafty voices in your head that give rise to almost irresistible urges to smoke are your enemy. Do NOT give in to those voices. You are too far along the path to freedom. Stay the course & you'll be just fine. I know it's not easy but nothing in life worth having is easy - right? You are 5 days in now and things will start to easy up a little soon. You can expect that roller coaster ride for a while though. For me it was about 1 month. No where near as intense as week 1 but still a lot of up and down. After that, things evened out a lot. Now, I hadrly ever have what I would call a real crave yet, in week 1, I was like you or even worse so hang in there and you will get through it - I promise you. Just don't smoke - Not One Puff Ever (NOPE)!

• Like 3

You´re doing great Kenzie. As mommy and pig lover said it, you have to endure some pain in the beginning. I would suggest you take it one day at a time. You do that and youll be fine. At the end of the day have something sweet to celebrate yet another victory. Lets do this! :D

• Like 3

Day 5 and I'm feeling a little anxious and my brain keeps trying to convince me to smoke. day 4 was a breeze, no cravings at all. what gives?

Enjoy the good days and let the high times carry the low.

You're doing great Kenzie.  Proceed.

• Like 2

Yea, it's pretty normal.  Your body is going through a major adjustment, cleansing, healing, etc.  It's going to take time and supporting your body as it moves toward being healthy again...rest, water, nutrition, exercise.

I remember being at 6 weeks and having some weird things happening.  Nancy said that I was early in the process and it's going to take more time <ugh>. I kind of thought I'd already put in enough time!  Once I saw it as a long haul, it helped.  Just knowing there was a major transformation taking place seemed to make sense of those bumps on the road to recovery.  "Roll with it"..it helps too.

You're doing great.  You really are.

• Like 2

You rolls the deeces ands ya takes your chances.

Random roll of the dice on what days are good, what days are bad.

No rhyme nor reason.

Random. Chance.

Chaos.

(Good and bad are pretty relatve, too. You may be having a bad day that ... months down the line ... seems like a comparative good day.)

Easy Peasy

• Like 1

Kenzie - yes it's important that you stay close to the board here while you are traveling along the quit path. If nothing else, it will help keep you focused.

You're doing fantastic and should be proud of what you have done so far. These are the really tough days and you're winning!!