SOS here

Evelyn

I feel like grabbing my bike and cycling to the nearest tanktation for cigs. Somehow today seems harder then yersterday. Is that normal when you do it cold turkey?

I WILL NOT go to the tankstation, but men I'm having one huge craving all day long. Some encouragement would be cool

Evelyn, It's only been a day cold turkey.  It's going to be tough at times, but it will get better.  You just have to hang on, some days like today you need to hold on tighter.  Do you have anything you can do to take your mind off of it?  Some exercise or a jigsaw puzzle perhaps?  Stay strong and let us know how you are :)

• Like 3

Hi Evelyn,

Think of the reasons why you quit smoking. Try to keep busy.  Concentrate on your breathing.  You are a non smoker.

I know this not easy sometimes- but try to work through the more difficult times and they will be fewer and fewer.

I hope you have a Happy Smoke Free Easter.

• Like 3

Yes Evelyn...cold turkey is hard...but, in my opinion, its no harder than any other way...you have to stand strong, and just get through to yourself that you ARE NOT going to smoke...it is a choice, and you know the right one...I just passed 5 months (today)..and I can say I was in your shoes a few months ago, but now I can  crush any urge I get pretty quickly, before it gets ahold of me......none of it comes easy and without some effort on your part, but it is SOOO do-able!... We all have our reasons why we quit..those reasons didnt change for you just because the addiction started to speak a bit louder  ;)  stand your ground and get through this urge, you will get stronger with each one..and it will get weaker....gotta trust me on that one. 

• Like 1

Are you ok now Evelyn?

I read a crave lasts no more than ten minutes, after that it is to do with the actual thought process. So, manage your mind if it happens again, call time on it and say..no, actually this is no longer a crave, this is my thought process...then change it.

• Like 1

I'm ok for now

Good....next time accept the crave, it's real...then call time if it lasts more than 10 mins, be strict with your mind, tell it 'I am no longer prepared to feel like this, distract or reward. You've got this Evelyn ;)