Newbies !!!!

Doreensfree

Good morning, Doreen!

I am 10 days in - when does one cease to be a Newbie?

In the Odyssey, Odysseus is instructed to find the place that has never seen the ocean.

So he puts an oar over his shoulder and walks inland until his is asked what he is carrying.

I reckon I will stop being a newbie when I don't remember exactly how long it's been since I quit smoking.

• Like 4

Hi there Doreen,

Thanks for asking!  Doing well this week.  I am almost a full month....I can't believe it and feel better than I've ever felt.  Last week was tough, but making it through proved to show me how much strength I have.

At this time, I just stick really close to this site and read all the advice and kind words you all share with others.  This seems to help me out a lot.  I'm also still exercising and I truly think that is helping as well.  Gives me something to do and helps motivate me to stay smoke free so I can actually inhale without wanting to die.  PS.  I've read about 10 books this month.  It is nice to have something to do at night, in the morning or during commercials on tv.

I will keep you all updated :)

• Like 4

It's all about the positive attitude..believe you can and will...and you will...

You have it just about right...you are doing brilliant...

And yes ..nearly one month done and dusted..feel proud...feel get proud...

What you are doing is amazing...treats ?....don't forget them..very important ..x

• Like 1

I have a thing for this one clothing store in particular....I seem to be spending some of my saved money on new clothes....but, 1) they won't smell like cigarettes and 2) i deserve it and 3) my husband won't notice anyways LOL

• Like 2

...I seem to be spending some of my saved money on new clothes....but, 1) they won't smell like cigarettes and 2) i deserve it and 3) my husband won't notice anyways LOL

I spent a bunch of money and scented lotions!  A little too much, maybe, but I love smelling the fragrance all day long.  I got some that smells like baking cookies!  I swear.  It's called sweet something sugar something vanilla.  I don't remember.  Who comes up with perfume names?  But it smells like cookies and I smell like a cookie and I smell good all day long.

It's the little things, right?

• Like 1

I spent a bunch of money and scented lotions!  A little too much, maybe, but I love smelling the fragrance all day long.  I got some that smells like baking cookies!  I swear.  It's called sweet something sugar something vanilla.  I don't remember.  Who comes up with perfume names?  But it smells like cookies and I smell like a cookie and I smell good all day long.

It's the little things, right?

Exactly!  I also might have splurged too much on lotions and candles...its ridiculous but being able to fully smell it and take in the awesome scent...pretty darn awesome and worth it in my book :)

• Like 2