What you don't miss about smoking !!!

Doreensfree

I don't miss that first one in the morning.  And I thought that would be the hardest one to give up.  In reality, that first drag in the morning would typically set off a bit of hacking and coughing.  I suppose that was the price to pay for gearing up my body for another day of intermittent poisoning.

The things we used to do to ourselves...

• Like 4

I don't miss getting up in the middle of dinner at a restaurant to go outside and smoke cause my addiction was so bad.  Looking like a moron.  And then getting back and not know what the hell everyone was thinking about.  And I stunk

I don't miss going out to the parking lot of the little league in the middle of junior's game to have a smoke... fyi, I was the coach.  

I don't miss my car smelling like an ashtray.

I don't miss going outside is subzero temps to smoke.

I don't miss all the fcuking money I spent on smokes.

keep on keepin on

• Like 5

Sometimes I felt like my food had gone down the wrong way..and I would choke...

Since quitting..this has never happened..I never connected it to smoking..

The painful sore ankles..that kept me awake most of the night...

Watching my adult daughter shed tears..begging me to quit..knowing cigs were killing both her parents..

• Like 3

I don't miss wasting all of that $$, how I stunk to everyone around me and I didn't realize how bad it truly was and the guilt I felt knowing what I was doing to my body but kept doing it anyway.

Now, NO GUILT!!  I was a smoker at one time but no matter what, I WILL NOT DIE A SMOKER!!!  I'm following the road of Queen Greenlover and riding this quit until the day I die.  :)

• Like 3

I don't miss burning my lips sucking on a butt cuz I was out of smokes and nasty butts were all I had.  Gross and embarrassing to even admit I did that!

I don't miss that constant clearing of the throat.  HATED that!!!  I was in sales for a long time and had to talk on the phone a lot.  So embarrassing to have to mute my customer to clear it!  Disgusting!   That scratchy throat was cleared in less than two weeks.  

Being the closet smoker I was, I don't miss having to go and find a place to hide to smoke.

• Like 2

I used to mostly smoke roll ups 'cos you know ... expensive ... anyhoo ... I don't miss bits of hot tobaccy getting loose and drifting onto my clothes and burning a little hole ... I had a pair of tights (nylons) go up in a flash of flame once ... that was fun ...

I don't miss feeling the NEED to go out in the rain and snow and cold to smoke that is really cool. I think that is what is keeping me quit I don't like feeling a NEED to do something unless its Pee hahahah couldn't help myself I made a funny. Happy Friday

• Like 2

The stink. I knew it smells but thought people were exaggerating. Open a window and it all blows away. Wrong. It hangs and smells so much worse than I knew. I feel bad for smokers. They truely don't know how bad the smell