just checking in!

joe

Hey all...its been quite a while since I have actually spent time to check in... I pop in every now and then, but long enough to post a number then move on...lol

I have noticed we have a few new members and though they are struggling (to be expected) they seem to have a handle on it and are moving along pretty good. Way to go newbie!! follow the advice given and you will emerge smelling better and feeling better!

Ive been pretty tied up with life again..Im thinking of just going back to work (for someone else) again so my day ends after 8 hrs....lol...

last week I got a (frantic) call from my oldest granddaughter (Janelle). She was on her way to my house after school, to bring me her car to work on (install new rear struts). Her boyfriend was with her. She was driving a borrowed car (relatives) and he was going to get her car and follow her to my house. As she approaches the road she needed to turn on(turn signal was on), the truck behind her was distracted (not paying attention) and slammed into the back of her car. Both car and truck was totaled. Everyone was ok in the sense that nothing was broke and no surgeries needed, but they were bumped and bruised and sore for quite a few days.  Where it happened was a State highway (55mph+) and of course the beginning of "rush hour", so things were crowded and moving along at a pretty good clip...That was a  scary call to get...

on a lighter note....

In Feb. we find out what the newest addition to the family is going to be. Its a bit early, but based on my extensive experience ( :P ) I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that Jodi will be having a boy. :D ..of course, these predictions are made a little early and the actual outcome may differ...lol....but the way she is carry it now looks like something I have never seen before...  :)  (here she is in Florida on vacation last week...just starting to get a noticeable bump...due in June)

15873536_10105073163920864_5457405798557

and since she is due in June, If we are going to do anything for vacation this year, it has to be before May, and after July...Sherrie says Jodi could go early and NO WAY will she be out of state when she goes into labor....lol. We were kicking around an Alaskan trip, but given the time of year (winter/spring)and expense we decided against it for now...maybe the early fall...and since the Outer Banks will be off limits in June/July, we decided to go in March instead. We have never been there in the early spring before, and decided to stay on the south end. We have only been to Hatteras once and really never spent any time there, so we decided to stay in Rodanthe. Its a short drive to Hatteras and Ocracoke and not too long a drive if we want to head into Duck/Corolla area... Someday I will get me a 4X4 again so I can stay on the 4WD beaches (like Bakon does...its awesome!).. anyway, this time of year the prices are ridiculously cheap..relatively speaking....lol... we started out just looking for a small 2 bedrm condo, and found out a 4 bedroom house on the ocean is pretty much the same price...so...thats what we got...lol... i can sleep in a different room every night. this one isnt as big (tall) as what we have stayed at in the past, but inside is nice and the view is GREAT! When we are this close to the ocean, it doesnt need to be tall to have good view...

http://www.outerbeaches.com/vacation-rentals/properties/captains-quarters-125/#tab-id-1

this is located less than a mile down the beach from the Rodanthe Inn (Nights in Rodanthe)..my wife is so exicted. :p

so...other than working, fixing cars,planning trips, and trying to get a house in shape to sell (not mine that I live in, but...mine none the less....too long of a story to go into now...lol) I havent really been doing much except enjoying the retired life being smoke free  :)   :p   :D  Its amazing how much stress disappears when smoking isn't on the table anymore....(a quote from our own Doreen :) )

• Like 5

let me knkw how beach goes. we planned September this year but someone took the week already. maybe move to week after.

i know they got a bike week in April. took mine down in summer couple times. not worth the effort. riding there suxs. but have fun and keep us posted