We have gone plain packaging in the UK..

Doreensfree

My smoking friend got her first packet of cigs today..with the new plain boxes..

It was a crappy karki colour..just big pictures of nasty stuff on the front and back..

And of course a warning these kill..

Just looking at it today..sent a shiver..it looked like death..

My god i said..does this not worry you...

She just looked at me and said ..no..you ex smokers...do my head in..sigh !!!!

Portuguese tobaco have shocking images since maybe June/July of last year. I was quitting smoking back then and hanging for my dear life to my quit when they put those horrible images on the packs. It helped me. My god it helped me. I cannot immagine smoking with those visual warnings now. Im basically a litlle bitch when it comes to scary images. And it just seems stupid. Hell, i cant believe i used to smoke for gods sake.

• Like 1

Addiction and denial, you can't have one without the other.  Even when the wages of smoking are put in front of smokers in bold print and color photographs, the smoker will make excuses for their "friend" the cigarette.

The hopelessness of knowing that you're killing yourself but soldiering on largely due to unwarranted fears of changing course is the most bleak emotion found in the haze of cigarette smoke.

• Like 1