Couple of questions for you quacks

bakon

I ask you guys and girls because of the diversity of the group and how weird you all are....

Salt lamp thing. Real or gimmick? What's the deal and wear did this come from?

Saying like NOPE but for eating especially snacks? Belt is tight.

Healthy eating book that is not some new fad...

Stop at three questions Thanks in advance

• Like 1

I got a salt lamp for Christmas. Not sure if it's just a gimmick. Probably. Lol. But it does make me feel good. Just cause it's there.

Nope to snacking too....had too many cocktails and cheat meals.

Back to the grind. Need to get out of the back seat for a while.

• Like 1

Don 't know if salt lamps work, but it makes a nice night light when coming down the stairs.  Supposedly it came from Himalaya.

Yes, time to cut back for me, too.

I don't know of any new books...

• Like 1

Healthy eating book that is not some new fad...

"Real Food: What to Eat and Why" by Nina Planck.

It's not a diet and not a fad.  A lot of good information with an emphasis on the fact that whole foods are superior to processed garbage.  Also does an adequate job dispelling a lot of the misinformation that has been spread over the last few decades.

• Like 3

I've not heard this take on a salt lamp, for weight loss?  

Himalayan Salt Lamps are fore reversing ion particles that occur in the environment, from our electronics really like mobiles and computers etc...they send positive ions into the air around and we need negative ones from a salt lamp to kinda even it out. At least that's how I understand it works. It does also have qualities for making you more mellow - but I've had one and I'm still hyper a fair bit? That said, people comment on how calm my house is nowadays, but that could be the lamp or more weird stuff I do which I won't go into...I've waffled..

In conclusion, stop eating fatty and buy a salt lamp, it's a pretty light :)

Love you!!!

x

• Like 2

One of my customers has a salt lamp, done her no good whatsoever health wise.

I only put on 2lb over the Christmas period, surprised as I ate lots of salted peanuts...and then some. I've finished the last packet not purchasing any more...till next Christmas. Still steaming and grilling most of my food, feel good, healthy eating does seem to suit me. With a daily treat of course..grin.

Not purchased any healthy eating books, so no idea, I suspect just making sure your plate is a third veg and the other food steamed or grilled should do it really. Mind I do use a tablespoon of good fat when I know it will add to the flavour.

• Like 1

Nowhere did I say the lamp was for losing weight. But it went that direction and now I have to ask if I lick a salt lamp will I get shocked or hi cloresterol?

Thatnks for the information. I got the name of a book from the biggest boob of the bunch, (and I will look it up to buy on my

New Amazon Fire thingy my Mrs bought me.) Then instructions to put electrical equipment in my mouth from the other boob in the same bra, misinterpreted by the loon and Trevor who didn't get it was two separate ideas...and lastly told not to eat what I like and steam other crap food from the peanut gallery . This is like repeating kindergarten with the kids leading the instructions

And the tech guy don't understand?

• Like 4

I recommend the blood type diet

I tried all diets and never stuck to them, but the blood type I have and the year I have been here I have actually lost weight and maintained it!

I stick to it 80% and 20% I eat and drink what I want, and i use that 20% mainly when eating out or take out I have never felt like it's a diet or I am restricted and that's why I think I have been able to stick with it.

I also take a daily good probiotic

I don't do any crazy exercises, just walking mainly.

The song was about as good as the advice. 15 degree out and snow. Couch looks fine and winter weight keeping me warm. As for the rabbit food, God gave me bicuspid for a reason. To eat things that eat carrots

• Like 1