EVELYN !!!! WHERE ARE YOU ????

Evelyn, today has been rough for me.  And it's only 9 am here.  I woke up wanting one and still wanting one.  Questioning again if I can do this.  Things had been going smooth sailing and now today has hit.  I am actually almost in tears over this.  So I got on here.  And we all know how much I hate asking for help on here.  So you know it had to be bad..... lol

And then...... here you are.  I'm glad I logged on now.  

Sweetie, I know this sounds horrible. But you're not on here to "fit in" or to make friends.  You are on here to save your life.  I know that people quit responding after you fail so many times.  That's ok.   You don't need them to tell you what to do.  You know what to do.  If you were new, then yes, all the support would be given to you cause the newbies are so uneducated about the process. 

We aren't newbies.  

But you need us.  And we need you.  

Your biggest cheerleader should be you.  It doesnt' matter who's listening.  You're listening.   And everytime you get on here and cheer yourself, you are retraining your brain.  Your not alone.  I've been battling this for years.  But here I am now.  Quit.  It takes some people alot longer than others and then there are some that never quit.  You don't have to die from this.  You can change it.  

There's no reason to be ashamed.  Disappointed in yourself.... yes.  Saddened that you smoked again.....yes.  Let that be a driving force.  But to be ashamed.... no.  Shame will defeat you.  And eventually that same shame will convince you to smoke again.  Let that go.  

I really hope you do stay.  

I want to see you.   

• Like 5

I second everything Tiffany said!

except the part about wanting a cigarette

and that will soon be both of you....once the brainwashing is fully eradicated from your brains...keep marching!!

it gets better and better!  I promise!

• Like 3

No you know WHY I'm ashamed... Because the philosofy of this forum is the cold turkey and I can't do that right now. I take the slow way, but I AM doing it. My mental health goes first!!! Priority one! 
So today is one week. I forgot but it is. And it's been hard. But I got there and now I'm here. And not smoking.

• Like 1

I don't know much. Village idiot. But I do know you and Tiffany have had the hardest quits. Mostly due to picking them up again and again. Cut your hands off might work.

Don't matter the reason you picked them up. Blame anything from your window licking to people around you. We all saw the almost year thrown away.

I am the village idiot so one simple word worked. Rage or

• Like 1

And be embarrassed you shit your pants when you thought you farted. Or be embarrassed your feet look hideous in public due to flip flops.

Be embarrassed to snort when laughing and drink comes out your nose

Post everyday.

• Like 2

True. It's that simple. Being the 'victim' because of mental health is no excuse. Although the problems are very real. I you stick to NOPE... in happy days, in cold days, and crisis days.. just NOPE! And I'm not gonna rage, because you're simply right. 

Evelyn. Cold turkey is not always the answer. We support you no matter what.

Use this place to be accountable to you, if you stay away, the thoughts of "just one" "no~one will know" will linger. Plus there is nothing wrong with shouting out each day. It is a massive achievement.

• Like 1

Hi Evelyn . 

I am glad you have come back to the forum . I am pretty new here .. but I have seen you here and I know you want to quit smoking . 

This site is a great resource to reach out . I personally love the SOS forum feature .  Sometimes what we say to others we need to hear ourselves. The SOS forum is a great tool to use . It will help you to help yourself  .  It will help me too if I get to stinking thinkin and want to smoke lol   .I am excited that is a feature like that here .  

You have good insight, and it sounds like you have been here a while so I know you have the tools . Its easy to forget that we have them sometimes or sometimes we pick the wrong tool . ( A cigarette is the wrong tool  ) so be sure you have none available . Throw them away . No safe keepings ( I did that BTW ) it didn't work having them around. Oh man I learned the hard way too . It was torture !! 

Maybe when you get up first thing in the morning remeber to put your tool bag on ... ?  Pledging is a great tool .  Just remember smoking is not one of the tools in your tool bag ! You can have a song play list , a book , bubbles work great  ...  mmm what else ?  oh you know what will work for you .  Put some things in there that are fun and distracting . Cinamon gum helps ; oranges are great for craves.  Puzzles ... how about a journal ....  You could write a positivity  journal . No negative things are allowed .  Only good things ! No bad things about yourself of others .   Good things make us feel happy :)

Got Cozy slippers ...thats  good thing ..keeps our feet warm :)  30  below weather ...Thats ok we don't smoke . We can see ice crystals and they are pretty . 

Hope something I said might help .  All I can really say is take one day at a time Evelyn  and no matter what Keep your quit , Post if you need help and don't smoke . 

I hope you are working with your Dr . You mentioned  your mental Health . Sometimes meds need to be adjusted when you quit ...please let them know you are quitting smoking and ask for help with that as well if you need to .

Being proactive will help you and your quit  . I believe you can do this :)   

Fitting in ? This is a quit smoking site . It has a common goal . If you are here to quit smoking  I would say you fit in .

The quit is yours . The work is yours .  You put work into your quit and you will get good things out of it . You are in the drivers seat . We are just in our own vehicles too lol and we are all just helping each other along the way to our destination .   If I get stuck,  I KNOW you would stop and help me  .I willdo the same for you . Sometimes we need a push or a shove .. sometimes just encouragement to step on the gas and get through with no help at all . 

You own your quit  . Look after it like a brand new car or a brand new house .  Best wishes on your new and final quit . You can do it

Breathe ..you will be ok . _ Sherri

• Like 1