Evelyn's Quit

Sazerac

Evelyn,

I see you are one month and some days into your quit, congratulations !

How are you feeling ?

What are you doing to beat your craves ?

How is this quit going in comparison to other attempts ?

This quit sure looks good on you and I am so glad you are really winning this time ! 

p.s. It is so reassuring to see you reign as the Queen of NOPE

• Like 2

Oh Saz, you're such a hun. 
In fact me being NOPE Queen, give me the kick under me *ss to come here every day, NOPE and stick with it. My fith with sugar is AAAAARGHHH. Mindfcck!! Makes me crave for cigs when I cut back on sugar so no candy lol or soda, NO!

Seriously, I've said it a couple of times. I had to TRY to be a REAL friggin smoker, those weeks and find out; I can't be one and in the end, don't want to be a smoker anymore. I found out, No 'just one' easily attacks me now anymore, as easy as before. I've unraflled lots of lies. Of the past, of addiction... of the faith that held me down... threw it all out the window. 

Oh I have batshth days but I expose myself to triggers so I LEARN not to fear it ;) like Halloween :) 

Oh and my hamster and I are bonding so lovely :D :D :D she's so cute... and the guitar goes well too. 

All by all, not going bad. I'm quit smoking and had some cravings today but when I see the dive into the smokersroom (and I smell it) I'm 1 tiny sec, would I? NOPE Bleh it's nasty not worth it at all, let them suffocate themselves I rather keep breathing for a while :D

• Like 3

Sounds like you've got your head screwed on right, proud of you.

So true when you said scared of success, you've made me think about that. I've no doubt a lot of my attempts failed because I was scared of being a non smoker Evelyn. I'd always been one, from thirteen, so had no memory of what I was like as a non smoker. That statement you wrote could well make other people think, and be of help to them.

Turns out in my case I'm quite alright as a non smoker, happier, richer, more holidays and no longer a slave. So glad you're in the right head space...will serve you well.

• Like 1

No just junkie thinking, arrived yesterday at the halloween party and 2 were smoking I stood there with my nose on top of it, first time since my quit. I was like 'oh my nose, my receptors aren't smelling this..' Guess the fact I woke up craving a cig that morning, was a little sucker too ;)

NOPE'd myself through the cravings. At first I felt like 'oh they can smoke', all day... then, better go inside.... wait: 'Do I wanna smoke all day and imagined the taste and inhale and...' YUCK. Not ever again, I tried, no way NOPE! 

• Like 2

Well done for staying strong..

Don't push your limits sweetheart..stay away from the smokers.. no use tempting fate...

It's not a sign of weakness...its a sign of being very smart..

You have a fabulous quit going....guard it with whatever it takes ...xx

• Like 2

I dreamed I wanted to smoke, then I woke up

Good thing you were able to wake up. 

Keep smoking and one day..... you won't.  

That's the nice thing about dreams.  You can always change them.  

You're doing awesome Evelyn.  I am so stinkin proud of ya.  Keep going girl, you're stronger than you think.  

• Like 3