I'm Back

Tyme2B

I want to be a non smoker. Despite a 6 month quit, I fell off the train for one year & 3 months. I have tried unsuccessfully to stop smoking during that time off the train but I now realize I need the support this group provides. I have cleared up stressors in my life that were all too easy to blame for smoking. But, the blame is mine & mine alone. I now have a stomach ulcer & I must succeed. I am pledging myself to my sticky quit today. Any support would be greatly appreciated....again. I WILL stop. I WILL NOT greet my upcoming birthday as a smoker. Today I have become a non smoker.

• Like 5

Tyme,

So good to see you again. I am glad you're here. But most importantly, that you haven't given up.

You can do it. You have the strength. It's just getting you to see that.

If you REALLY want it.... It's yours for the taking. And it doesn't cost you a dime.

Welcome aboard. Put your seat belt on and enjoy the ride. It's the ride of a lifetime.

• Like 1

Thanks Everyone! I will stay close & beat this filthy habit. I WANT to quit forever. My seatbelt is fastened Tiffany...tight! And Doreen, Bakon, Sazerak....I remember you all...thanks for being there. I'm feeling a bit down but not going crazy....yet. I know the drill. I can do this. And I know how happy I will be once I beat this. I once said "how could anyone ever go back to smoking after going through what it takes to stop". Well I'm eating my words! Yuk

• Like 2

Last time I went through this quit journey I had severe insomnia. Prescription meds...the whole crappy deal. The darned insomnia has already started. I am better prepared for it this time but man, I sure could do without it. Hopefully it won't last long this time. At least I don't have to get up for work, but I know that keeping a regular schedule is best for sleep rhythms. I just want to be able to sleep! It will help get me through this. Anyone else with having trouble getting to sleep? Once I'm asleep I stay that way.

• Like 1

It's a very common thing..to lose your sleep pattern... But it does return to normal..

We are all different...so it's hard to give a time limit..

It sounds like you have a plan this time round..you can do it...

Don't smoke no matter what..and you carnt fail..

• Like 1

a few suggestions about sleep or lack there-of.

Stop beverages with caffeine by noon. 

Stop looking at any type of screen a few hours before bed time.

Dark room.  no light from telly or streetlights.

Silent room.

Put your hand on your solar plexus and start breathing slowly and mindfully.

Let your thoughts wander, don't obsess over sleeping/not sleeping or your day or tomorrow.

Imagine yourself in a peaceful place,

a safe place like tucked in the sand on a warm beach or floating easily on the water without a care in the world.

Have a beautiful sort of day dream.

Don't stress that you are still awake, it doesn't matter.  Concentrate on your body relaxing and resting.

Don't worry about 'sleep'.

This way,  your body can rest even if you are not actually asleep and you can get up feeling quite refreshed after a few hours

and often, I find that I have put myself to sleep.

Sleep is overrated  :P

Mindful rest is essential.

• Like 2

Don't stress that you are still awake, it doesn't matter.  Concentrate on your body relaxing and resting.

Don't worry about 'sleep'.

This way,  your body can rest even if you are not actually asleep and you can get up feeling quite refreshed after a few hours

All the things she said and quoting this ^^^.  Repeating, it doesn't matter!  If you have the luxury of not having a job and that 5 AM alarm, then also get rid of all those "shoulds" you have going and allow this to process out as it will.  I was also fortunate enough to not have a work commitment when I quit and I let myself roll with it.  There were times I was taking an epsom salt bath at 4 in the morning because that's what was needed in that moment, naps at 10 in the morning.  T2B, allow for an unorthodox schedule for the first few months.  It will help more than harm.

Good to hear you have things in place to help you with the transition.

• Like 2

Tucked in the sand.....read that with an F the first time.....

Bath at 4am? What are you four years old? Or horney?

Next Doorbell will talk about plug in vs battery operation...

Lol..no discussion here..as long as it works..I'm not bothered..tried them both..no complaints..
  • Like 1

Tucked in the sand.....read that with an F the first time.....

Bath at 4am? What are you four years old? Or horney?

Next Doorbell will talk about plug in vs battery operation...

Tucked in the sand is much kinder to delicate skin than what you thought, bakon.  

Intimate relations on the beach may look romantic but, arent. Those tiny grains of sand...

it might be a way to put yourself to sleep though, mister.  I don't know. You are an odd one, for true.

Baths know not the hour.  Baths are divine at any time, night or day

and Epsom Salts are from the Gods of Calm. Bless Daisy for remembering !

D will not be tempted to have an electrical object of lust in the bathtub.

Not with her hand held shower massage, silly.

• Like 1

Lol! I love you all! Your good suggestions are wise and make sense & your silly suggestions make me laugh! Good not to take my "problem sleeping"" so seriously! Yet... I know how awful it was last time & I will take any suggestions & try them. Relax, be happy! I will be reading these posts over & over again....I felt sleepy Sazerac just reading yours and ALL of you give me HOPE! I have to do this guys & gals...I WANT to do this. Thank Heavens I came back to this site & all of you wonderful, caring people. Day 2! Done! No smoking. You are helping more than you can ever know

• Like 3

Congratulations on Day TWO !  Marvelous work.

Tomorrow your body will be forever free of Nicotine.

Don't forget to reward yourself, rewards are far more important than I realized.

Nicotine stole our reward centers but, they can be hurried along in their healing by physically rewarding yourself.

Reward yourself when you beat a crave.  Reward yourself you made it through the day.

It is the best excuse you may ever have to spoil yourself rotten.

Take advantage of it.

More on The Significance of Rewards

• Like 1

All the things she said and quoting this ^^^. Repeating, it doesn't matter! If you have the luxury of not having a job and that 5 AM alarm, then also get rid of all those "shoulds" you have going and allow this to process out as it will. I was also fortunate enough to not have a work commitment when I quit and I let myself roll with it. There were times I was taking an epsom salt bath at 4 in the morning because that's what was needed in that moment, naps at 10 in the morning. T2B, allow for an unorthodox schedule for the first few months. It will help more than harm.

Good to hear you have things in place to help you with the transition.

Yes! ALL these things help. An unorthodox schedule. Breathing. Drifting. Maybe the hot tub. No TV. Herbal sleepy time tea. I'm ready....think I"ll skip the plug in bath toy! Lol!

• Like 1

Day 2 and what was the reward? Have to pick something small first few days to reward yourself for the hard work. Nobody else will.

Brush, magazine, bottle of hand cream.? Something you would normally skip as not needed or already got something similar and that you think you can do without. Buy it. Use it. It's your gift to yourself

• Like 2

Treats! Now that's a nice idea I had totally forgotten about that Bakon & Doreen! Wonderful idea....I did buy a small new area rug for under my computer desk that feels squishy & warm under my feet. Feels nice. Just got it down last night so that is my treat! I'm sharing the treat with my dog....she's pretty impressed too lol!

• Like 1