What's your way of cheering yourself up now?

Still winning

Long story short I lost the emotional plot last night, 3 hours later I happened across a convo in chat which was right up my alley. Chatting about something I love lifted my mood enough to stop me blubbering and calm down.  Then I realized it was late and could go to bed and sleep (can't sleep when I'm upset). I will fully admit I can be very over sensitive and I would always go "calm myself down and have a cigarette"..yes I now know this was an enigma lol. But it kinda leaves a gap at the I'm full on losing plot point for me.  

So what do you do now when you want to calm yourself down??

• Like 3

great job Marti~!  and that was a great convo...it was so funny how it happened and we ended up in chat at the same time!  There ARE no coincidences!!  

I listen to music with headphones blasted....i take deep breaths....I find people who make me smile and laugh  :)

• Like 4

Eat chocolate, like right now I am trying to eat a kit kat chunky without kids catching me, tis like a military operation!!

Bath, alcohol, cuppa, a bit of hows your father,), going for a run, a drive, but what always works and my fav is going for a massage and or facial, glad you've cheered up and well done you for not smoking xxx

• Like 5

Music cheers me up - putting on the oldies - having a sing along and a bit of a jig about :)

going for long walks in nature

being completely silly and joking about

having a long bath and then just going somewhere quiet to process the thoughts - away from all the daily grind and away from people

candles and a fire cheers me up

I enjoyed the convo very much also Marti :) - I`m glad it cheered you up - ou were in the right place at the right time ;)

• Like 2

I have an i pod but I'm bored of all the music on it, might treat myself to some new albums.  A lot of people say deep breathing, am I doing it wrong as it don't work for me? Although I am actually breathing in and out to live and stuff just fine lol.  Sarge, good on you for feeling like that, those lows can knock me down too quickly. Bakon, I am sure my fella would be delighted at me suggesting this lol. 

• Like 1

The Sarge doesn't feel the need to "cheer up".

Both the highs AND the lows in life need to be fully experienced.

Easy Peasy

Sarg's take is something Ive been working towards for a long time. Some days I got it down pat......some days I dont. 

Living in the moment, whatever that moment is, is my aim.

"Getting rid of" moments/feelings I dont like is something that got me into all kinds of trouble (Hint: See screen name)

I breathe, tell myself 'everything is temporary'. 

When the moment is awful......this too shall pass.

When the moment is wonderful.......this too shall pass. 

• Like 3

It's true that life has it's good days and bad days and there is no way around it.  Gotta take the good with the bad and it's just part of doing business on planet earth and it makes us who we are.

There are times when I need to get myself out of a funk because it's the best thing to do for those around me.  I'll go off for a few minutes, sit on my deck with a cup of perfectly brewed coffee or turn some wrenches in my garage.  Sometimes I need to recharge my batteries and decide if what I'm down about is something that is a result of my behavior and if I can change it or not, if it's a consequence from a decision I've made or if I'm making more out of something than needs to be.  I guess finding perspective is a better way to put it.

When all else fails and the MQ can't find the answers in which he seeks you know what he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn8_bWeZRVU

• Like 3

I was blessed with a cheerful, always optimistic, happy nature. Some people tsk tsk at me because of it, and accuse me of being immature....

I call it lucky. I KNOW life is only temporary, so why ruin it by being unhappy or sad? :D :lol:

positive-quotes-51.jpg?w=500&h=245

• Like 2

Julie my nana taught me this too will pass, that made me smile, I love that saying.  I'm not saying I want to avoid feelings, but i have a number of people around me who rely on me. I need to be "ok" for them, even if this means a just delay my emotions. I do wonder about people like Christa, I don't think it's immature, I would love to be like that. Or like sarge.  It's all cool though, for me there will be chocolate haha. x

• Like 3

Julie my nana taught me this too will pass, that made me smile, I love that saying.  I'm not saying I want to avoid feelings, but i have a number of people around me who rely on me. I need to be "ok" for them, even if this means a just delay my emotions. I do wonder about people like Christa, I don't think it's immature, I would love to be like that. Or like sarge.  It's all cool though, for me there will be chocolate haha. x

Oh, don't get me wrong, Marti...I'm in the same boat you are in as far as people relying on me, and I need to be ok for them. I think my main purpose in life is to help them be happy, optimistic, and strong....:-)

It just comes naturally for me. I very rarely have to work at it.... like I said, I look at that as a blessing, since worrying about stuff doesn't change anything except make you depressed, and life is just too short to spend it down in the dumps. :D

• Like 2