Boo...maybe ?

Doreensfree

Well...I've never been a boot scootin' buckaroo, but I am pretty good with ropes.  I know how to tie all the knots, so, you know...I've got that going for me.

And remember kids, always cowboy responsibly...

tumblr_nam67txumi1r27k09o1_400.gif

Soooooo joking aside ..what do you guys do in the winter for fun..polish your canoes..?

If it rains hard we still do a bit of creek boating.  A good dry suit is a necessity for winter creeking.  I do a lot more fly fishing in the fall and winter when the water cools.  One of my river rat buddies is way into rock climbing in the cooler months.  I've gone to the climbing gym with him a couple of times and enjoyed that.  So I may start climbing a bit now that I'm in better shape.

We find ways to amuse ourselves regardless of the weather.

• Like 1

Smoking must have been a real pain in the arse..I bet you feel so much better and have much more energy..

I knew smoking was controlling too much of my life when I quit, but I had no idea how much of a pain in the ass it truly was until I could look at it in retrospect a bit.  As for feeling better...when I was still smoking I thought I felt good.  I felt normal, but now I realize there was potential to feel much better.  Hindsight and such...

I'm glad you quit boo..really...

Same here.  I'm glad we all quit.  Freedom and energy beat the hell out of slavery and lethargy.  

• Like 3

Fabulous..exciting...you entering?

Nope.  I quit smoking and started working out again, but my endurance levels are far from Ironman standards at this point.  Those are some highly trained athletes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty going on this weekend.  River Rocks is on.  Paddlers, climbers, mountain bikers, hikers, and runners are all out in force this weekend.  The head race is tomorrow, I've got some friends that put together a team so we'll check that out for a while.  Then do a hike and possible swim at Lula Lake.

Registration was full this year by the time I decided I was ready to join, but this time next year I hope to paddle the ChattaJack 31.  I can always use a training partner.

As for that back row theater action...I can always make time for that kind of frolicking.

• Like 1

A training partner you say...oh yes I think I could learn you something useful...

Wow full on weekend...any time left for sausages on the barby...

A swim...in a lake..sounds cold to me...I'll bring my wet suit and flippers..and goggles ..all the better to see you with my dear...

River rocks.mmmm will I be OK in my nice soft flatties...big worky boots..not good for the image...

I will check out the chatta jack 31...sounds interesting...

Have fun..

• Like 1

We still have highs in the 80s here so after a trekking a few miles in the backcountry, a dip in the lake feels awesome.  Besides, I'm into the whole cold-water immersion thing.

Have fun..

Thanks.  You have a good one as well.

• Like 1