Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you REALLY want to quit smoking?

Featured Replies

The title of this post may sound off to you. I can understand you questioning it. If you are read this, then, yes you want to stop smoking, but for how long? Quit smoking is not a fad. It's not something that you want to do now, but the next social event you do, oh, go on then, just one! It's not something to do until a stressful moment comes along, and then, oh there is my excuse to light up. Can you see where I am going with this. To leave smoking in the past is just that. For most people it has taken us so long to quit, because we know it isn't going to be easy. Quitting smoking takes awhile to achieve. The physical side isn't too long. The mental process like anything else that you have done for a long time, does take time. It won't kill you though. Smoking WILL! So I ask again. Do you really want to quit smoking? Are you ready to do this? Have you learnt the facts? They are the main 3 question here. Quitting until something happens is not good enough. Smoking until something happens to you health wise, is your choice. Make the decision before it is made for you, but mean it or you will be stuck in the revolving door of quitting smoking. Quit like you mean it.

A great post sunny...

When I first heard the slogan.

Smoking is not on the table ..no matter what...this actually sunk in...

There will be situations..functions .gatherings..curve balls that will still come my way...

But I won't smoke ...because it's off the table ..for good...

Quitting means just this...never light up...ever...

"Quit Like You Mean It"

 

this is exactly right.

 

There is nothing to loose in quitting smoking

but, the quit/relapse turnstile is serious torture.

Be kind to yourself, commit to your quit and to your Freedom.

  • 3 weeks later...

Yes this time I really want to quit, have got myself ready the best that I could over the last few weeks.

 

Have done half hearted quits before but this time I really don't ever want to smoker again.

 

I want to start living again and not keep wondering when and where I can have my next smoke.

 

This is my life and I'm taking control of it.

  • Author

It will be a lovely new life too!! Doingitthistime. Read, read and read some more on this addiction. Even though so far you seem to be in the right zone ;)

bumpity bump bump of a stellar thread 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.