Why do we keep on smoking ?

Ignorance...burying our heads in the sand...blot out the dangers...why.?

I was a lady who like a cigarette ..it helped me relax...it helped me solve a problem..

It helped me calm down when angry...it helped when I was working hard..it helped when I needed a reward ...so I thought... All this cobblers...

I was a nicotine junkie..plain and simple....a addict...my days are much better now...

Most of my problems stemmed from smoking..I was agitated..always thinking of my next fix...

Once you understand this addiction...and kill the beast..you seeing smoking for what it is..

A enemy that is slowly killing you..so slow sometimes you don't see it coming....

• Like 7

Afraid to change ?

I am still healthy, it isn't damaging ME.

Fear and Denial

DENIAL, was my modus operandi .  I was The Perfect Addict.

Like Sunnyside, I told myself, I enjoy it.  and I did !  after all, I was diligent in feeding my addiction !

A most diligent and dedicated SLAVE. 

A diligent and dedicated slave killing myself, poisoning others and supporting Big Tobacco.

Where's that at ?

I am so glad I quit.  Freedom is a tremendous Gift.

• Like 5

Great post!   

I used to get pneumonia at least twice a year.....and I still smoked.  I had a blood clot in my lung.....and I still smoked.

After all, people who don't smoke get pneumonia and people who don't smoke get blood clots.  I was irritated that the doctors always blamed my smoking.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Great post!   

I used to get pneumonia at least twice a year.....and I still smoked.  I had a blood clot in my lung.....and I still smoked.

After all, people who don't smoke get pneumonia and people who don't smoke get blood clots.  I was irritated that the doctors always blamed my smoking.  :rolleyes:

I used to get bronchitis in the cooler months....and I still smoked, while I took antibiotics for weeks.

I always blamed it on the "cold" weather (75F/24C in the winter....very cold !!!), Although my doctor always told me that it was because of cigarettes, I would not ever believe her. 

I was very stupid.

We all were. Addiction can make a person blind.

Cristóbal

• Like 2

I slowly watched my ankles turning black..they hurt...yet I had to scratch ,trying to relieve the pain...

I knew smoking had something to do with it...deep down...I knew....did this stop this junkie.no....

Walking started to hurt ..lying in bed hurt ..scratching hurt...

I spent the last few cigs I will ever smoke again..with tears running down my face...I was about to have to have my two feet amputated...it still gives me the chills today...

A special person in my life ,told me to FIGHT... And fight I did....where am I today...

Painfree...walking for miles...and dancing when ever I'm allowed lol....

If you think..nothing is happening ,because your breathing OK....I did too....

• Like 2

I smoked because I thought it helped me cope with emotional pain. No greater bulls*t then that. Give a good cry, draw, sketch... call a friend! 

And the only thing that cancerstick it doing? Making you fhysical ill, lying to you 'look how I helped you?' 'see you can take one?' All lies. Big HUGE lies.
A sigaret never ever helped and there's no such thing as just one :)

• Like 3