STOP

Abby

This is a list of reminders that I made for myself during my quit and yes, I still need reminders that will help me stay the path because my quit is forever . I hope that this post may help some of you as well as you begin your journey or if your thoughts about your quit are wavering .

Here we go : My daily reminders .

Do not entertain thoughts that are of "smoking" . Don't romance the cigarette ; it has not been your friend . It is a thief and a robber of life . Stop thinking you are not quitting right or that your quitting wrong or that you can't do this and everyone else can . It is a lie . Erase the "t " from can't and you will find you can find your way through this . Don't compare your quit to others . You are right where you are suppose to be . REMEMBER : You are worth this quit, and you are of value. Whatever this journey brings you is specially made for you , and you will work through what needs to be worked through in your life to be free from this addiction . We all have been overpowered by this addiction and together we support each other and uplift each other. We are taking our power back one day at a time . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a simple poem that I wrote simply entitled “STOP” It was just to help me understand that my thinking and my attitude can drive this quit in the right direction.

S Stop

T Thinking

O One

P Puff

Stop thinking you can't do this,

Or that “all" can quit but you.

Think in terms of achieving

And that you are worth it too.

Stop thinking that you can't do this,

That your weak and you will fail

Think with a brightened spirit ,

Each day you win will tell .

Stop saying that your quit is hard ;

That thinking has you trapped

Think "Yes" Im going to do this

And addiction that is that !

_Sherri L.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations to all of you today beginning your journey to quit smoking and to all who are continuing this journey . It is my hope that you will stop and think before you smoke, revisit your reasons for wanting to be quit ,and ask for help if you need it . STOP!!!! Take the time to think before reacting by smoking; it may save your quit .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What reminders do you use to help you keep your quit?

• Like 2

All my memories of being dizzy, nauseous, having a headache, feeling like crap. Those are all my reminders of why I don't smoke. Not to mention how much I hated myself and how hard I had to work to forgive myself for losing my quit before I could quit again. It was hard to quit the first time. It's easier to quit this time about because I automatically felt bad the moment I started smoking again.

• Like 2

I remember how I *HAD* to smoke....and how it always made me feel tired.

I cannot imagine to ever return to the slavery and general awful quality of life of being a smoker.

Never again !!!

It is very easy to not do something, that you do not want to do.

Cristóbal

collaborate and listen

Dammit Chris.  :lol:

At first the only redirection technique that I used was the forum. If I was having a moment I would jump on here and post, something. Not even necessarily and SOS either. I would post something whether it was a number in a game, a song, a picture, whatever. The interaction with others that were going through/ went through what was happening to me at that moment helped get me through. What I wish all new quitters understood is that there is no accurate time frame for when the 'craves' go away. It is different for everyone but they are manageable if you just stick with it they become a whisper of a memory.