Hello. I just quit!

Hi everyone

I just quit smoking today and decided to sign up so I don't go on this journey alone. I have quit before a few times..for a few days/weeks here and there but always seem to come back to buying tobacco and sparking up. My body really wants me to stop, but my brain just doesn't seem to agree. It is such a battle to really understand and accept that my smoking habit is a problem and is affecting my health. As I am not a heavy smoker, it seems that deep down I believe that having a few cigarettes everyday is just not a big deal. But it is as I have been smoking "only a few" for over 20 years! 

So I have taken the plunge today and thrown away all my rolling tobacco and papers. Really hope that I am successful this time as I know once I get past this constant urge to feed my addiction, my health both mentally and physically will improve dramatically. I just need a little help to get there. 

Thanks for reading/listening!

Quitter2016

• Like 7

Hey Quitter...

You have just made a very good decision...and you understand that it is a mental adjustment that is the key to being successful.

Nicotine IS a drug, and we are all addicted to it. Everyone here is a former smoker and will offer up invaluable advice and support on your journey to be smoke free. Personally, I quit cold turkey about 2 1/2 years ago. My advice to you is to read the resources that have been collected here and educate yourself on nicotine addiction. Look up an online version of Allan Carrs "The Easy Way"... Many members have used that knowledge to be successful...watch the videos posted from Joel's videos...

Take advantage of everything that is offered here, and by taking it 1 day at a time, you will be successful!

Welcome aboard!

• Like 2

Congratulations on making one of the best decisions of your life;

To be free from the slavery of nicotine addiction !

Read all you can and watch the vids like Joe recommends

and post post post.

these tools can insure a successful quit.

You are going to love being Free. 

• Like 1

Hi and welcome...you have been given great advice...

Read all you can...knowledge is your weapon..learn all there is about this terrible addiction...

Stay close to the board...we are here to support you all the way on your journey

Hello!!

Welcome!!  We are happy to help you along your quitting journey.  

The quit train makes quitting fun!  It really does!  

If you have questions or need support or just wanna goof off to get through a craving, we are here.  

Post any time and often!  Most of us spent lots of time here on the Board early in our quits.

:)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Quitter.  Education about your addiction + support + commitment = Freedom From Nicotine.  It's a simple equation that will improve your life in many, many ways.

Congratulations on making a great decision for yourself and we look forward to seeing you around more.