Distractions - Things to do instead of smoking

Petra

One thing that helped me a ton in my first several weeks of quitting was eating shelled peanuts.  

The process of having to take of the shell kept my hands busy, eating the peanuts kept my mouth busy.  I am much more of a salty that sweet person, so I loved the salty crunch of the peanuts.  

I also liked Salt & Pepper Pistachios too.  Yummy!  and same effect of having to shell them.

Chips and salsa was another "go to" snack - the hotter the better because I didn't like to smoke after eating spicy food.  

I'd come come to the Board & have a little snack, and was able to easily kill those cravings.  

• Like 6

I had a few distractions... My trusty I pod...music...loud...singing my head off...dancing about...

Did I look a prat ?....who cares...

Reading...I read alot...

My punching pillow...my friend...

This board...I was here as much as possible...

Candy crunch....ya....hooked.....

I'm sure there is more...maybe later....

• Like 2

I had a few distractions... My trusty I pod...music...loud...singing my head off...dancing about...

Put on some good tunes and move around a bit.  It usually does the trick.

• Like 2

Grapes were a great low fat munchie and helped with the hand to mouth motion we miss.  Try them frozen also, soooo good!  For salty food, pretzels are good and fat free.  Slice apples, no fair using a slicer!  lol  Peeling and slicing them is a good distraction.  lol  Good suggestions here everyone.  :)  I have more distractions in my profile too.  Hugs, Pat

• Like 3