If I came to your part of the world !!!

Doreensfree

Maryland is a great place too thank you...I'm seeing all the lovely places that I will probally never get to see..

Doesn't our great leader come from Maryland too ?

Enjoyed this thread...thanks folks for all nthe lovely Pic,s....and bakon lol...xx

• Like 1

Doreen, I don't know how to show pics either, but we've been described as "a quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem".

I'm on the Atlantic ocean coast, and we would make many trips to quiet sandy beaches and head to the Conch House for afternoon cocktails and live music. It's America's oldest city, though a mere 450 years old, just a toddler compared with England's history. I live on an island where life is still comparatively quiet and scenic and would love to show you around the Oldest City.

xxx

• Like 1

What a fun thread!  I live in a valley with a lot of open space and hills around us.  It is quite beautiful.  This is a view looking west from the top of the valley.11357049_10206353982345615_6873406850283

Suburbia is just down the hill 15 minutes - depending on which side of town I'm headed. 

Drive west a 1.5-2 hours, and you are in the gorgeous Rocky Mountains with so many beautiful mountain towns.  Down side is everyone loves to go see those beautiful mountain towns and driving up there on the weekends is sure to have you caught in traffic, so when you come to visit me, we'll head up there mid-week.  :) 

• Like 2

Hi Betsy...lovely to see you ....

Aww your home place sounds so peaceful....it would be nice to see the oldest village..wow...I would definitely pass your way on my trip...cocktails on the beach...what's not to love...

I would show you...

About 15 minute walk from my home is a Tudor hall built 1572...it belongs to the national trust ...

It has magnificent gardens...and you can still tour the house...they do alot of functions there ...

It's is a beautiful place...and still go there when I can ...

Petra....

I would love to see the mountains...you too ,live in beautiful surroundings...I would love to ramble...with my back pack...perfect...

I would show you ....THe lake district... Which is about a hour drive from me...

Little quirky villages ..with tea on scone tea houses...little bed and breakfasts to stay...and the scenery is amazing...sometime the odd sheep likes to walk along...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

You would find a fascinating desert with a wild ocean on the west side and a calm sea on the east side....and also some very high mountains in the middle of the peninsula. 

One of the sunniest parts of the world, with weather that is always warm or hot, and very dry.

Very few people live here, except for a few cities  in the far north and far south. Most of the peninsula is still wild and empty, and it is not friendly for civilization because of the mountains, the hot climate, and no water.

Some of the worlds best seafood, wine, old abandoned Spanish missions in the desert, fishing, diving and surfing !!!

Tijuana, Ensenada, La Paz and Los Cabos !!!

I am native of the peninsula, and I have 2 houses, one in the north part of the peninsula and the other in the south part, and go from one house to the other every 2 weeks.

vi%C3%B1edo.jpg

Baja-Road1.jpg

61.jpg

image25.jpg

31469697.jpg

56-622560-la-paz-coastline.jpg

img4.jpg

aaaa.jpg

registro-de-marca-en-tijuana.jpg

P1090807.jpg?1412679218

• Like 2