June 20, 201610 yr Vacation to the OBX was a success!! Its a long drive both there and back, and since we didn't have little ones in our car, we just drove straight through. Including a few stops, the drive took about 14 hours. We didn't take the Mustang...and glad I didn't, with all that sand! But it was hard to leave behind at home after just getting it! This is where I put in a disclaimer that this post will be long and picture heavy, and if pics from some one else's vacation bore you, you may want to leave....I tend to get carried away...lol A lot of these pics are from ones that my daughters posted to their friends, because i dont have any of mine uploaded yet. I downloaded about 1500 pics from my camera to the computer, but I am still organizing them into various folders, so, who knows...there may be more in the future. :blink: Our view every morning...I could get used to this! Me and my girls the day we were leaving...a storm was brewing and the skies were overcast, but thats ok on the last day! This is the area Bakon stays in when he goes...the beaches near Corolla N.C. .. these are wild horses that roam free.. amazing! couple of the light houses...Bodie and Hatteras.....ok, I deleted Hatteras but its the same shape, just looks a little different...lol waiting for the sunset. (Sound side) 6 of my 7 granddaughters. (Audrey is not along on the trip to the aquarium.) Yes...that is a live shark in the tank behind them...what a photo bomb...lol With these 4 girls around, there is never a dull moment! (the morning we are leaving) All 7 granddaughters...hard to believe they all stood still long enough for this! well....back to your regularly scheduled posts! I have used up more than my share of bandwidth today, and I really need to try to accomplish something today!.. Seriously...this vacation was the best thing I have ever done. When we planned it, this was the only week that everyone could get together, it wasn't planned to be on Fathers Day weekend, but being the Dad.....It could not have worked out any better for me! As the girls get older and have to juggle their own lives, it is much more difficult for us all to be in the same place for a week. :wub: Oh..and to keep it related to this board....notice, not 1 picture of a cigarette!...My family is 100% smoke free. (Josh...Kristin's boyfriend, does vape ...but I'm working on that! B) ) apparently I am trying to post too many pics...lol...so..I am deleting some from this post, and may post them in another one when when i get time.
June 20, 201610 yr Oh Joe begat a wonderful looking holiday and s lovely family you have. I'm pleased you had such a fabulous smoke free time!
June 20, 201610 yr Wow...these are fabulous pic,s Joe....what a lovely place...I could feel that water around my ankles. Lol.. And your lovely family... So good to see them all enjoying themselves... Good to have you back safe and sound...xx
June 21, 201610 yr awesome. i used to spend my vacations down at wilmington, beach.... Looks like you had the place all to yourself! Nice!
June 21, 201610 yr Awesome Joe! Nice vacation spot and a beautiful family. I'm so glad it worked out for you and that it landed on your special day. I think I'd be claiming that swing every night...me, a glass of merlot and a cozy blanket. thank you for sharing and there's no such thing as too many vaca pics :) edited to add - happy anniversary
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.