Dreamed about smoking last night

I had a dream about smoking last night. My roommates, husband and I were on the back patio. They were smoking, but I had quit (just like in real life). But then, for some reason, I decided to smoke, and as I took that first drag and felt the smoke go into my lungs I felt two things: 1) I felt how much I enjoy smoking. That will never change. I will always enjoy it. But that doesn't mean I will do it, just because it's something I like. Because 2) I also felt the worst disappointment of my life for getting through 17 days and then giving up all that hard work to cave in and smoke again. I felt horrible, hollow, so disgusted and repulsed by my lack of will power and respect for my health and my body. 

And that's how I know I'm really quit. I will NOT allow myself that feeling in real life. It was terrible!

I woke up so relieved it was just a dream and not real.

• Like 2

Smoking dreams can be so scary and powerful.  I think there will come a time when you will find that you did not enjoy smoking, you enjoyed the relief from withdrawal symptoms.  And if you never smoke again, you will never have the withdrawal symptoms again.

Love your determination!

• Like 1

Hi Mom..I was lucky I didn't have any of these dreams..but plenty here have..

I can only imagine the relief when you know it was a dream...but being so relieved says it all.

You were so glad you were still smoke free..this is great..x

• Like 1

Those old and addicted pathways in your brain will manifest themselves in a variety of ways, even when you're sleeping.  The good news is you began creating new neural pathways the moment you quit.  It just takes the subconscious a while to catch up in some instances.

Just keep doing what you're doing Momo.  

• Like 1

When I quit I had a few dreams of smoking. I talked to my dad about them and he said he had them too. But as soon as he started enjoying his smoking dreams, they stopped. So smoking dreams are apparently kinda common. Just remember you didn't really smoke, and that horrible feeling is the way you would feel if you threw away your quit.