Restarted my quit using patches

So last night I finally said goodbye to my cigarettes and placed the patch on top of my clothes for tomorrow as a reminder that I was quitting tomorrow. I stood there a moment looking at the patch and feeling good about my quit. So far I made it most of the day without a smoke and minimal cravings. I've got ice cold water just in case by my computer.

Had a ravenous appetite this morning. Which is good because I've been losing weight from not eating very much. Due to medication changes, I'm not feeling depressed. I'm active and alert. A few hallucinations since I weaned off the meds, but not panic causing like they used to be. Had a surprise nap this morning. Just sitting on the couch watching TV and I fell asleep and didn't realize it until I woke up. But no dry mouth or nasty taste in my mouth when I woke up. I'm passing by all my triggers with ease and just pushing the light cravings away.

For my food, I went from eating half a bowl of cereal yesterday, to having a full bowl of cereal today, plus a mac and cheese cup, plus a bowl of ramen noodles. Total difference. And I have a high metabolism so if I don't eat a lot I lose weight easily. Now for lunch!

• Like 3

Now I just wish my mom would quit. The thought of her dealing with COPD or cancer scares the hell outta me. So far she's been lucky, but I don't know how long before something kicks in. She's already lost all but two teeth. She loves salt water taffy because it's soft. She keeps saying she's going to quit but when she runs low on cigarette she winds up getting a carton. I was hopeful this time around because she seemed serious about quitting, but as soon as she bought that carton I gave up and just decided to quit on my own. Literally it happened yesterday so I gave her the pack I had in my bag this morning and put on a patch and decided to just start my quit. I even went in the back yard and passed by the smoking spot without a second thought and sat on the patio, relaxing. Until it got a little too warm, then I came back inside.

• Like 1

Your quit has nothing to do with your Mom or anyone/anything else that may come into your life.

This is all about YOU.

Your Journey to Freedom.

Protect yourself and your Quit from all interference.

Welcome back indie

I am the same with my mum, we have an old saying "you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink"

In my experiences the more you push the more they get angry, scared and smoke more

Concentrate on your quit and maybe by your example she will come to the conclusion to follow you

• Like 1

She actually apologized for smoking around me while I was trying to quit before. Which was appreciated, but I know it was me that gave in in the end.

I'm also working with my psychiatrist and am less depressed going in this time around. My Klonopin was apparently causing it. Though yesterday, I slept twice. Once close to my bedtime, so I wound up staying awake til midnight last night!

I seem to be hypersalvinating so I've got a phone appt with a doctor about it since it's keeping me up at night. I thought it was from smoking, since I'd have a smoke at night before I went to bed, and it happened during the day when I smoked, but when I had my three month quit it still happened. And last night was just the last straw, because just as I was falling asleep, I started drooling and when I kept my mouth closed it just filled up with saliva every 10 seconds. I swallowed so much it made me nauseous. I even read online using mouthwash and brushing my teeth, so I tried it to no avail.

• Like 1

We have been feeding our bodies a s***t load of poison for years..decades....

It will be messed up for a while ...till it adjusts... But slowly all the uncomfortable stuff,starts to fade...

My body went into berserk mode...you just need to tell yourself...

Okey this will indeed pass...the positives of quitting far out weigh the uncomfortable stuff...

I was amazed how quickly the dull pain in my ankles stared to fade...

Keep pushing forward Indy... Xx

I sorry to hear you threw away your lovely quit...you smoked because your a addict ..

You have to want to quit Indy...more than you want to smoke...having one foot in,and one foot out ,is no good...

You have to jump in with both feet firmly fixed...go back to basic,s....

Have you read Allen Carr the easy way...if you havnt...its a great read.... It has helped millions...

Read all you can here...there is plenty of good stuff to help...take the pledge...in my early quit making that pledge knowing I had promised myself and my friends here,I would let me or them down if I smoked ..it kept me going..

Your quit Indy is no harder than mine was...I just knew smoking was not on the table ...ever...

Jump back on...never give up...giving up...your life depends on it....x

I bought new level 1 patches and I'm going to start again tomorrow. It says to use them for a month, but I only bought 2 weeks of the step 1. I feel so bad when I'm smoking, I don't know why I continue in the first place. I guess as you said, I'm an addict. I long for the days when I could put down the pack and not smoke unless I wanted to. Now I don't want to and I'm smoking anyway. I hope the patch helps. It seemed to be working for the 4 days I had it. It was only when I went to game and was surrounded by smokers that I started feeling tempted, then going to the step 2 patch in the morning it was like the craving hit harder than I thought it would.