reaching.... out

Kendra

Hola Folks,

Wanting to be seated here...   had 24 hours and threw them away.

Didn't  come here because whatever stories are playing in my head include ... need to see if I can do this before stepping up for a seat ,....again.

this is silly....life or death.    conscious choices, unconscious choices, fear,   addiction....

I give up nothing when I choose not to smoke.     so why I am here again.    I chose this ...  and can choose to be free.

enjoy the blue skies folks.

hoping to be here seated for the duration.

• Like 5

Oh about feeling you wanna prove before coming back, hey I blew it twice in 3 weeks and I came back crawling back, ashamed... puzzled of WHY and WHERE I went wrong and when I figured that out ;) yeah I'm still ashamed but idk what people think I know people support me and yes it's from scratch on; but it's not just the result what counts also the journey so you won't loose your quit, even after months or years when the nicotine lies start sneaking up in your neck and do NOT ignore them, always NOPE / NTAP: caz everytime you ignore a lie it grows into an excuse...

My 50 cents ;)

• Like 2

Hi kendra... Welcome back...your seat has always been waiting...

Never give up....giving up...

Re read everything...learn by your mistake.... Knowledge ..that's what will fight this beast...

Those who stay close to the board and post often are more likely to succeed...

You can do it....

• Like 4

Welcome back, Kendra,

Make up your mind that you are going to do this, no matter what, and it is done!

Yes, it will be emotional, and uncomfortable, and frustrating, but it will not kill you!

• Like 1

The choice is yours and the addiction only has the power you give it.  Enduring withdrawal symptoms is a small price to pay for freedom.

I would wish you luck, but you don't need it.  Congratulation on choosing to take back your life Kendra.

• Like 3

Welcome back, Kendra..

As you have said.....it's a choice, and you have made a good one.

As you found out, the addiction can have a strong hold on you....you need to figure out hat it takes to ignore those callings.

Read....post....color......sleep...whatever it takes to put more time behind you.

As always ,we are only a shout away when the going gets tough. Everyone one of us here understands how hard it can be and expect that you will need a shoulder to lean on through some tough times. When you feel you're on the "edge", we can help talk you down.....call out if you need to in order to keep the quit!

• Like 1

This forum is for people who want to quit and who have quit. Is this you? Yes. So it may help you to come by and post, read, play the games, etc. I read that people who have a support group increase their odds of staying quit by 50% or something.

Welcome back.

Try not to get into battles with yourself - I want one, but I can't have one, but maybe just one more, but I shouldn't.  

I don't know if you're having those battles - I just know I lost several attempts with that kind of thinking though.  

You just have to say, no.  No matter what.  If you really want to be a non-smoker - and I know you really do, because smoking sucks and there are absolutely ZERO benefits - if you really want to be a non-smoker, you cannot smoke that next cigarette. It will get better, easier. Get through the challenging time, and next time it will be easier to just say no.   

Hey Kendra, how are you doing today?

What's your plan? What can you do to distract yourself?

Do you have a hobby? Do you do fitness or want to try something new?

For me it was all about throwing myself into other things that were physical but helped with the mental too

Even just a walk to kick some stones helped in the early days

Getting involved in the games here helped

Keep posting no matter what, this journey is an education as well as support and posting will help with both

Share, cry, laugh, learn

No matter what you are in control, ok sometimes the carriage is going to shake a little but that's where this train helps and what we are here for

One step at a time and you are never alone x

• Like 1

Hola Folks,

Wanting to be seated here...   had 24 hours and threw them away.

Didn't  come here because whatever stories are playing in my head include ... need to see if I can do this before stepping up for a seat ,....again.

this is silly....life or death.    conscious choices, unconscious choices, fear,   addiction....

I give up nothing when I choose not to smoke.     so why I am here again.    I chose this ...  and can choose to be free.

enjoy the blue skies folks.

hoping to be here seated for the duration.

No need to question if you can do this because you can.  Don't give yourself room to fail or a reason to continue smoking.  Be bold.  Take a seat and never take another puff.  After all, it won't kill you.  :)

Where y'at Kendra ?

The QTrain is a constant resource of

Education and Camaraderie.   

All sorts of stories will play in your head,

they played in ours !

We are Nicotine Addicts, after all,

and Breaking FREE is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. EVER.