Do they speak English in the UK?

TAC

In honesty we should all bow to the canadians, yes they took perfectly good english and translated it but they make their point KNOWN, my canadian family do anyway :)  My american family seem altogether too relaxed to care lol.  Now don't get me started on the north/south divide here (being a southerner who married a northerner once upon a horrible time) and they too muck it all up. Me and Liz (the queen) are holding our heads in our hands far too often nowadays...I mean thank goodness we can relax with a barth or all might be lost ;)  And we'd have to retire with a cup a rosy (rosy lee=tea) up the apples (apples and pears=stairs) and **** a deafen (pretend we can't hear you) while we retreat to Uncle Ned (bed) cause I'm bar wired (tired) with all this explaining english :)

Ps as my young ladies would say, fanny (front bum) haha   (Lace and Tracey you are saved!)

i am in fits  :lol:  :D

• Like 1

Guest Suerose

No they don't speak English...I asked for the restroom and they made me find somebody named "loo" first.....Never found him/her..but found the restroom:-)

What? You go "there" to have a "rest"?????? :P :P :P

I call it the "ladies´" ... as in "the ladies´ room" hahahahahahaha!

I love rhyming slang. I didn´t even know what it was when I arrived in London. And I did hear "apples and pears" "give the dog a bone" and "a butchers" very early on... meaning it was well alive and kicking. People do really use those phrases.

I rather like Australian accent... let me find a Hugh Jackman interview somewhere.... :wub:

• Like 4

Dog and bone = phone.  butchers hook = look.  I do use give us a butchers...  Translation help, loving you Suerose, you're a pro at this :)

Yep always use have a butchers lol

The Queens English :)

• Like 2

Sorry no queens English in Liverpool we have our own language....

How ya doing lar....we av a poem....it goes....

In my Liverpool hone ...

In my Liverpool home

We speak with a language exceedingly rare...

We meet under a statue exceedingly bare...

If you want a cathedral we got one to spare

In my Liverpool one.....

I thank you xxxxxx

• Like 8

Love Peter Kay lol

Me too, you know he got me my first two jobs when I moved darn sarth? My employers were so fascinated with my female Peter Kay accent they gave me the job..both were HUGE fans of him. I think they secretly hoped I knew him..lol

Mind Action, I love a bit of Jim Royel...and his 'my arse' too....lol ;)

• Like 1

Me too, you know he got me my first two jobs when I moved darn sarth? My employers were so fascinated with my female Peter Kay accent they gave me the job..both were HUGE fans of him. I think they secretly hoped I knew him..lol

Mind Action, I love a bit of Jim Royel...and his 'my arse' too....lol ;)

I love the garlic bread and the tea and biscuits (one dunk) I am laughing just thinking about it LOL

• Like 1