Do they speak English in the UK?

TAC

When I was in Greece, I noticed that everyone spoke English with a British accent. Apparently the Greek language is no longer the primary language in that country.

Are there any Greeks here on board?

I used to work in a call centre. We spoke to people from the U.S., Canada, and all over Europe. The English were hard to understand sometimes, but they made up for it by being super polite. :) They don't do "angry" well over there. 

• Like 2

I used to work in a call centre. We spoke to people from the U.S., Canada, and all over Europe. The English were hard to understand sometimes, but they made up for it by being super polite. :) They don't do "angry" well over there. 

I worked in a call center too for many years, made lots of money because I loved it.

The other place said Action was mean? That doesn't make any sense based on what you posted LOL

• Like 1

The other place is delusional if they think Action is mean, lol. I would like to know what their definition of mean is.

Actually, the Canadians were pretty bad. Apparently, we're feisty when pissed off. 

The other place is delusional if they think Action is mean, lol. I would like to know what their definition of mean is.

Actually, the Canadians were pretty bad. Apparently, we're feisty when pissed off. 

I'll bet SoberJulie has something to say about that LOL

• Like 2

I'll bet SoberJulie has something to say about that LOL

I'm Canadian myself... I'm a decent person! I would never call anyone and scream in their ear, lol. The only time I ever yell is when someone continuously provokes me. Or unless you are Steve (my BF) Unfortunately, he gets yelled at whenever I think he deserves it, lol. 

Thats because Canadians do not own guns, organize protests, or hold lynchings. When we are angry, we make a phone call or write a sternly worded letter. :p

• Like 2

Most of my family is from North Carolina and they sound like this.

I'm from Boston however and still pawk my caw. Does that mean I don't speak English either? LOL

• Like 1

Hey TAC.. yep, it's how us folks talk here in NC... so whats yer point? don't hear an accent - where's the accents - huh? i don't hear nut'n funny 'bout the way she's talk'n, she's sound'n nor-mall ta me .  :P LOL!

This is soo funny, i was just talking this morning about English  words vs American words..... i found out some could get you into trouble  if you're not careful. !!  ;)

• Like 2

Annoyance. A true cockney is someone born within the sound of the bells pealing, Bow bells, which are in the east end. We love to confuse people. Originally cockney was put together by men of slightly shady charecter as a way of conversing publicly without understand by others :)  We speak proper english ;) xx

• Like 2

Hey TAC.. yep, it's how us folks talk here in NC... so whats yer point? don't hear an accent - where's the accents - huh? i don't hear nut'n funny 'bout the way she's talk'n, she's sound'n nor-mall ta me .  :P LOL!

This is soo funny, i was just talking this morning about English  words vs American words..... i found out some could get you into trouble  if you're not careful. !!  ;)

When I was in Australia, I was told not to say "Fanny Pack". Apparently that's a bad word, so I think they call them "Bum Packs" instead.

In honesty we should all bow to the canadians, yes they took perfectly good english and translated it but they make their point KNOWN, my canadian family do anyway :)  My american family seem altogether too relaxed to care lol.  Now don't get me started on the north/south divide here (being a southerner who married a northerner once upon a horrible time) and they too muck it all up. Me and Liz (the queen) are holding our heads in our hands far too often nowadays...I mean thank goodness we can relax with a barth or all might be lost ;)  And we'd have to retire with a cup a rosy (rosy lee=tea) up the apples (apples and pears=stairs) and **** a deafen (pretend we can't hear you) while we retreat to Uncle Ned (bed) cause I'm bar wired (tired) with all this explaining english :)

Ps as my young ladies would say, fanny (front bum) haha   (Lace and Tracey you are saved!)

• Like 4