Next month, I hope to be relaxing...

joe

On the beaches of the Outer Banks N.C.

This is a vacation that has been 10 ( well...11) years in the making. :)

Our oldest daughter,Kelli got married on the beach in South Nags Head 11 years ago. We liked it so much we all decided on their 10th anniversary we would all return for a vacation....well...last July16th was their 10th anniversary, but Audrey (our 7th granddaughter) was born July 29th,so Kelli was in no condition last year to make the trip....so...we rescheduled for this year.

I found a house big enough for all of us ...right on the beach.....during a week we could all make it there...that was the only stipulations I was given when looking for a house....second week in June, on the beach, and a pool....check! ( https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3841774#reviewsPage2 ) the house sleeps 22, so there is room for all 17 of us with room to spare!

We already have most of the day's scheduled with activities...the guys have a fishing charter reserved ,along with a day on the golf course...there will be a dolphin watching trip for the little ones...of course, I assume the little ones will spend the week on the beach! Para-sailing, and jet skis are also being planned, but the way my back is, I'm gonna have to pass on those activities :( (A trip to a neurosurgeon at the Cleveland Clinic in July is scheduled...hopefully the last one)

Each day a different "couple" plans and cooks the nights meal....Sherrie and I have taken Thursday, and are going to do a surf and turf dinner....Catching blue crab on the OBX seems to be a popular thing, so I plan to take the older girls (age 4 to 10) to try our luck catching some and then,more likely head to the local market and buy some fresh ones :p before heading back to fire up the grill and throwing some steaks on while the crabs cook...

All in all, I am super excited for this vacation.With the girls busy with their own lives, it's hard for us to all get together for any amount of time.

...But...while we are waiting on June to roll around, tomorrow Me and Sherrie are headed to Columbus (about a 2 hr drive) to catch a Cirque du Soleil show (Toruk)... Reviews are not the best, but we bought the tickets in December when they first came available...(the show opened in Toronto on Dec 20th I think) and I have yet to be disappointed in a Cirque show.....so...gonna just enjoy the night out!

I'm loving being (semi) retired! :)

• Like 6

Awesome. We OBX every year since 2002 which was our honeymoon. Skipped on for chemo. But we are doing a new one this year. The fall. Actually two weeks cost less in sep than June.

We stay eight miles up the sand in the 4x4 area. House holds 16 but hoping it's just us for first week. We had 6 last year and it was great.

Daily plans are beach. Beer. Eat.

We have naked Friday. No panties Wednesday and cross dress Tuesday also

• Like 1

Actually two weeks cost less in sep than June.

We stay eight miles up the sand in the 4x4 area. House holds 16 but hoping it's just us for first week. We had 6 last year and it was great.

Daily plans are beach. Beer. Eat.

We have naked Friday. No panties Wednesday and cross dress Tuesday also

I agree about the fall prices... Unfortunately Kelli is a school teacher and can only take off from June thu Aug.. (Which of course is peak season, thus the most expensive)....Me and Sherrie have discussed a fall trip but never have done it yet. The 4x4 houses sound awesome... I would love to try that some year also. That's another thing we have planned though... A trip to see the horses..I am not sure where the "tour" starts, but I assume North of Corolla then the "jeeps" take you across the sand to the area of the 4x4 beach houses...at least that's where I understand the horses run wild ...

Most of my plans include beach, beer and food.....however, the Friday Wednesday and Tuesday activities will have to wait until we make plans to vacation with a different crowd. :p

Jeeps go by our house. Me and sons moon them.

Horses hide underneath it on really hot days. Have to shoo them out to get to truck.

Got stuck on a backroad last year for about two hours. Put a winch on truck over winter and got a new style kinetic energy rope too. Week sons are there we are going back and trying to get stuck again

Myrtle beach bike week this Saturday for us but we keep clothes on there.

Look for Orange Moon if you take the tour. eight miles up. Over dune. Faces ocean, so far side from ocean. Only one house across street. Lots empty mostly on dune side of path