May Roll Call........

PorkandPancakes

When were you off the right track?

Physically, I never veered off course.  Mentally...I have changed direction, been intently focused, a bit complacent, and refocused.  I've stayed on track, but it has taken some work at the helm to keep it there.

And also...the line about being back on the right track matched the Matt Foley gif I pasted in my response.

• Like 2

Physically, I never veered off course. Mentally...I have changed direction, been intently focused, a bit complacent, and refocused. I've stayed on track, but it has taken some work at the helm to keep it there.

Well I 'm glad you're back on track but don't forget you can always post if you're having struggles. I was a very contrary Mary at the start of my quit. One day I would bounce in full of the joys and the next I would tell the tale of holding a rolled cig ready to light it.....(I didn't in the end). It's normal in even the strongest quit to have off days. The addiction was strong and the habit so deeply ingrained that it takes a lot to reprogram. I don't know about you but I've never been an adult without nicotine. I've been falsely pumping dopamine round my brain since I was 12. I'd give anything to take that away but what is done is done.

Anyway, I digress! You're an asset to the Train Boo and I love your posts. Having watched so many relapse lately, I just wanted to reinforce the support available here. Now, enough with the serious, on with the slapstick!

• Like 2

Well I 'm glad you're back on track but don't forget you can always post if you're having struggles. I was a very contrary Mary at the start of my quit. One day I would bounce in full of the joys and the next I would tell the tale of holding a rolled cig ready to light it.....(I didn't in the end). It's normal in even the strongest quit to have off days. The addiction was strong and the habit so deeply ingrained that it takes a lot to reprogram. I don't know about you but I've never been an adult without nicotine. I've been falsely pumping dopamine round my brain since I was 12. I'd give anything to take that away but what is done is done.

I was asked once before why I didn't post an SOS when I was struggling.  This was back during my first week, and it was a good question.  I've typically posted when things were going well.  When I get agitated and irritable, I tend to go into isolation.  I never intended to be disingenuous, but I may have sent the signal that my quit has been without some struggle.  For the record: the good has far outweighed the bad in this quit, but it hasn't all been s**ts and giggles.  However, every moment of irritability and slight mental discomfort have been worth it.

Anyway, I digress! You're an asset to the Train Boo and I love your posts. Having watched so many relapse lately, I just wanted to reinforce the support available here. Now, enough with the serious, on with the slapstick!

Thanks.

vg7fd.jpg

• Like 1