Checking in...

joe

I noticed I have a few pm's and though I don't have the time now to read them, I see by the topics that a few of you are worried where I've been and that everything is ok...

I'm checking in to say everything is good with me. Hopefully no one worried I started smoking again...that's not an option any more. ( approaching 30 months and looking forward to another smoke free day today)

To make a long story short....kinda...my (87 year old) Mother in Law ,who, just days after having her pacemaker replace,fell and broke her shoulder a few weeks ago, and is unable to get around very well, so I gave her my iPad so she could stay in contact with her Facebook friends/family.(She has a PC in the spare bedroom, but it's too hard for her to get around at this time)... Also after the fall she had an allergic reaction to some of the medicine the Dr. Has her on and she ended up back in the hospital due to dehydration.....first thoughts was that she had a stroke....slurred speach, dizzy confused...etc...so...with all of that going n, my wife has more or less been staying at her moms house on the days she doesn't work. (A sister and a sister in law also stay when they can)... And...Feb marked one year since my Father in Law passed away, so that was really hard on my wife since her Mom was now going through some really bad times....and this week marks 1 year that my oldest sister died also. ( not sure if I share that last year..she was only 55 :( )...on top of all that turmoil....

My daughter listed her house for sale and sold it 5 hrs after listing it to the first person to view it ...and for 15k ABOVE the asking price as long as the new owners could take immediate possession.They agreed, and we have been scrambling to get her belongings into storage and find a place to rent, while they are looking to build/buy something.(she lives 2 1/2 hrs away)... And..

This retirement thing isn't what it's cracked up to be...lol...years ago when I was younger and more broke, I had my own electrical business that I worked after I got done with my real job...lol...well, after retirement, I thought I would start that back up for something to do and a little extra spending money.....wow....I wasn't expecting to be as busy as I am...I've been working every day...including Saterday and Sunday's ( my wife is either working or at her moms, so why not stay busy? ). The good news is, I have my next couple vacations already paid for...im heading to North Carolina in a couple weeks to watch the 4wide Z-Max NHRA national Drag races...then to the Outer Banks in June with all the girls/husbands/granddaughters....and not 100% sure, but thinking of Arizona next winter....

So...being busy is only half the excuse I haven't been on....the other part of the reason is, my password for this site was saved in my iPad, so all I had to do was click my favorites and I was in....well...I haven't used my PC in ages and couldn't remember the password, so if I had time to look in, that's all I did...look in and try to read up on things as a guest....coming from a long time member...let me tell,you, that sucks I wanted to reply, but...as a guest, I couldn't... :p

I've gotta get to work, so before I give my iPad back to my MiL, and in case it's awhile before I get back on, let me say to Rez And Tracey...CONGRATS !! When I read about the wedding, i can't say I was too suprised...no way Rez was going to let her get away! ;)

The sun is almost up...gotta get to work, and let my MiL have to iPad Mack so sh can play her games....lol

Have a good day everyone....hopefully, normalcy will return here soon! :)

• Like 11

we knew you would still be smoke free there was no doubt on that, we were worried though

sorry to hear of all your troubles, hope the road to recovery is quick and your daughter finds a place they love

take care of you!! 

look forward to the next vacation xx

I'm glad you checked in Joe. You've been sweet to me and I was worried about ya.

Thanks , Hot Cakes..... I didn't mean to worry you... ( or anyone else)... Just got caught up in life and was being a bit inconsiderate by not taking a few minutes to post something.... I would check in and read the posts as a guest, but without logging in I was unable to leave any comments....

so...with that, I do plan on making it a point to check even if I'm busy so I can keep on being sweet to the ladies so they continue to send pics to me in private messages... :p ... I've emptied out the box and ready to receive now....so...you ladies can start sending them again.....lol.. :)

• Like 2