The Mrs. Bakon Thread

Soberjulie

While reading through another thread, I noticed that jaja had an idea to light a candle for Mrs. Bakon tomorrow and send well wishes and prayers in the hopes that she will sail through her second chemo treatment.

I thought we could start a well wishes Mrs Bakon thread :)

Post a thought, a prayer, a poem, a picture......anything you like. 

Mr. and Mrs Bakon:

You have a collection of random/strange/funny/goofy/well-meaning non-smokers gathered together on the internet. And for what its worth......we are walking beside you guys, cheering you on.  :wub:

• Like 6

A Wing And A Prayer

© Michelle Butler
Under the wing of an angel, we feel protected

Through prayers to God, we feel connected

Peace is said to be offered on the wings of a dove

Prayers can bring peace along with hope, faith, and love

Wings of a jet plane provide steady flight

I pray you remain steady and strong through this fight

Butterflies have wings to fly playfully free

And free from this monster is what I pray you'll soon be

Birds spread their wings as they may leave their nest

We're spreading our prayers that you'll always be Blessed

Go fight and win this battle you didn't start

On the wings of an angel and prayers from my heart

Holding you in our hearts, Bacon and Mrs Bacon...

• Like 3

very nice- she is well today, still not wearing wig, just short and thinning right now. nails are giving her some problems but she bounced back to eating fairly well after first week.  never knew much about chemo and all the treatment stuffs, but its just a large dose of medicines and poisons to kill rapidly growing cells, just about all of them die off, cancer and good ones for a week or so, then a week of regaining all the good ones before they dose you again. so its a three week cycle right now until an operation this summer. But its not got us down. Marching on.

• Like 16

My message:

Dear Mrs Bakon,

A month or two ago I saw a post on a quit smoking forum that Mr Bakon had made, something about urging other women to  'check the boobies'.  ;)

I am 43 years old.....my doctor recommended a baseline mammogram at age 40 and I put it off out of fear. 

After following the bits of your story that Mr. Bakon posts, I booked my mammogram.

Im still scared its going to hurt. 

But my appointment is next week. 

I will wear a pink scarf to it......and I will think of you and Mr Bakon.

So I wanted to say thank you. 

Because Ive been exposed to a few breast cancer stories.....but never had the urge to just go get that damned mammogram.

But something about the way Mr Bakon expresses himself.....his love for you......well, it made me think of things from my husbands perspective. 

So, again....thank you.  :wub:

• Like 13

Oh I was gunna start a thread for mrs Bakon, good stuff Julie,

The Bakons are in my thoughts daily, I love hearing Bakon the way he speaks about his better half, I swear you can feel their love through the computer, its soo sweet and special, I will light 2 candles every day of chemo, 1 for mrs bakon and 1 for our very own mr fabulous bakon to give you the strength you need right now for the love of your life xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Like 2

Very nice I will show it to her at hospital tomorrow. We got couple movies to watch. Got her a new touch screen laptop to play with before last time. Took her to dinner and got a new jacket and shoes the other day. Try to do something special for each treatment.

Thanks everyone

• Like 8

While reading through another thread, I noticed that jaja had an idea to light a candle for Mrs. Bakon tomorrow and send well wishes and prayers in the hopes that she will sail through her second chemo treatment.

I thought we could start a well wishes Mrs Bakon thread :)

Post a thought, a prayer, a poem, a picture......anything you like. 

Mr. and Mrs Bakon:

You have a collection of random/strange/funny/goofy/well-meaning non-smokers gathered together on the internet. And for what its worth......we are walking beside you guys, cheering you on.  :wub:

Pink, anyone?

• Like 1