Annoying triggers from nowhere...

robf

OK. So I'm now 440 days into my quit.

We've had a decorator in for the past few days repainting the kitchen, stairs, etc. He smokes. I've had chats with him outside when he's having a smoke break. No big deal.

Anyway, I got home last night and noticed he'd left his cigarettes on the counter... I had one hell of an urge to have one!

Obviously I didn't.

But ya know... annoying!

• Like 1

PS smokers love a relapser - it makes them feel less guilty - I cant imagine he left them there by accident surely - when I was a smoker it was smokes - check, lighter - check, car keys - check

soak them in white spirit!

• Like 1

still douse them in white spirit or paint them - you will feel better :)

Not smoking them made me feel perfectly fine. It's not good business to be an arsehole to someone you leave alone in your house!
  • Like 2

out of the blue ones are hard at times.

leaving them there, I bet he was looking everywhere on ride home for them

buddy was with me drinking other night, outside so smoke wasnt a bother, but I was thinking "if you could have one and they werent bad for you."

knew just one would be a pack the next day...

out of the blue ones are hard at times.

leaving them there I bet he was looking everywhere on ride homefor them

buddy was with me drinking other night, outside so smoke wasnt a bother, but I was thinking "if you could have one and they werent bad for you."

knew just one would be a pack the next day...

you had better not ever!! 

As I have said it before, ........................Nico-Demon is doing push-ups in your driveway, waiting for you.................................

Also.....................check on :HALT.............Hungry Angry Lonely Tired..................

Eternal vigilance.............................

• Like 1

As I have said it before, ........................Nico-Demon is doing push-ups in your driveway, waiting for you.................................

Also.....................check on :HALT.............Hungry Angry Lonely Tired..................

Eternal vigilance.............................

Good work for getting through Rob!

it just proves that we have to stay vigilant and never be complacent!

Although I appreciate the big-up it wasn't that big a deal!

Let me describe my internal conversation:

"Oooh look, the decorator has left his smokes... quite fancy one of those... don't be silly... OK... It's annoying he left them there... Yes it is... Oooh look, bananas, yummy... quite fancy one of those... don't be silly, you need to have dinner first... grrr... damn bananas"

• Like 6

"Oooh look, the decorator has left his smokes... quite fancy one of those... don't be silly... OK... It's annoying he left them there... Yes it is... Oooh look, bananas, yummy... quite fancy one of those... don't be silly, you need to have dinner first... grrr... damn bananas"

lol you nutter!

Love this!