I blew my quit

Evelyn

Evelyn, my doctor was one of my greatest champion's when I decided to quit. 

Have you had an appointment with him/her to discuss all the different options that might be available to you?

I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on Friday about antidepressivants

• Like 1

I am sorry to hear this, Evelyn.  But you didn't blow it.  You only blow it if you quit quitting.  Learn from this mistake and move on.  You CAN do this because you are strong!  Have you talked to your doctor about the best way for you to quit?

I am sorry to hear this, Evelyn.  But you didn't blow it.  You only blow it if you quit quitting.  Learn from this mistake and move on.  You CAN do this because you are strong!  Have you talked to your doctor about the best way for you to quit?

Yes this is so true please do not give up quitting.

Start a new quit right away.... please listen when I say you won't always feel so miserable.but, it's what keeps you accountable to yourself later on, the yucky feeling and the craving will go away, you have to be patient... it won't happen over night, and it takes time for your brain to relearn to live without the drug... jump back in!!!!! You can do it.. good on you for seeing a Dr, if the serotonin levels in you are off, then the meds will help that, but it won't help you quit..you are the only one who can do that...you can do this, take your freedom back and stay close to us.. POST AN SOS, let us try to help when you are struggling, that's what we are here for. One foot in front of the other.... and you will win!

• Like 1

Please dont get me wrong....I do NOT advocate smoking for anyone, I really dont.

That being said.....nicotine is a stimulant, you have said that you have other issues going on that need to be both supervised and possibly medicated,

Im not sure that going cold turkey without medical supervision is a great plan. At least not in this moment.

None of us here are doctors, we dont know or fully understand your particular set of circumstances.........

Is it possible to give the doctor a ring on the telephone and describe what you have been feeling the last little while, describe how you have been using patches, your withdrawal from valerian, the wait for an anti-depressant.....and talk about your new plan to quit cold turkey?

Proffessional advise should never be substituted for advise from well meaning folks like us on the internet. 

• Like 6

I'll keep using valeriaan for now :)

Self-medicating is not the answer, and can actually be dangerous.

Please Evelyn, dont play with your health.......have a check in with your doctor, either by phone or in person before you make any decisions in regards to starting/stopping any chemicals you have been putting in your system, including nicotine. Some of your posts over the last while have been worrisome and (at least for me) indicate that most of us here (unless there are Dr's and psychiatrists among us) are ill equipped to be giving you advice. 

Vent if you need, enjoy the friendships that are to be had here......but PLEASE do not substitute medical and professional help for what can be found here. 

Stay safe lovely. 

• Like 4

Evelyn, so sorry to hear you reached the point and smoked.

Please listen to Julie Evelyn, contact your doctor before you make your next move. You could knowingly be doing more harm than good, you must consult, and check.

• Like 1