SOS

natalie_3

Help!!!

I´m having huge cravings for a cigarette, right now I feel like I´m losing control and I can´t even remember why I quit. I mean I remember but it doesn´t make any sense right now because all I can think of is the "pleasure" out of the cigarette.

-Nat

Natalie, don't believe the lie. I will do you a deal. You withstand from smoking today and if you still feel that one cigarette will give you pleasure. I can have one.

Remember though, that it would just be that one, if you smoke it may take you awhile to come back again.

Go take a bath have a shower or go somewhere you don't associate with smoking. Drink some water and distract yourself.

• Like 4

Help!!!

I´m having huge cravings for a cigarette, right now I feel like I´m losing control and I can´t even remember why I quit. I mean I remember but it doesn´t make any sense right now because all I can think of is the "pleasure" out of the cigarette.

-Nat

Billshut (it's a duck curse)! Unless you've suddenly developed a case of alien hand syndrome, you're in full control of your actions and choices. Whatever you do, smoke or keep quit, is entirely up to you, and at the very least you need to own that. Show yourself some respect.

But I totally believe you otherwise, it's tough to even think at the start when the craves hit, you did well to post your SOS. So I'm gonna help you, and tell you what to do: nothing. Just sit there, embrace the suck and ride it out. Even an imbecile can just sit there, and you're clearly not one of those. The truth is, smoke or don't smoke, the crave will pass just the same.

Or if you feel more ambitious you can click the link above and go read about alien hand syndrome. It's morbid and interesting, and by the time you're done I bet the crave is over.

• Like 6

Natalie, don't believe the lie. I will do you a deal. You withstand from smoking today and if you still feel that one cigarette will give you pleasure. I can have one.

Remember though, that it would just be that one, if you smoke it may take you awhile to come back again.

Go take a bath have a shower or go somewhere you don't associate with smoking. Drink some water and distract yourself.

Deal!

I´m listening to Joel´s videos to remember why this is worth it and that this too shall pass. 

Thanks to all of you for answering. 

-Nat

• Like 5

Glad some came to your rescue... Like it was said, the choice is yours, and in the end you know there will be NO satisfaction from sucking hot smoke into your lungs.

I hope the shower and cold drinks helped...

Hang in there... "This to shall pass"...

Eye on the prize, moving ahead!

• Like 3

The Duck is right  ;) Embrace the suck.  It will pass and it won't kill you.  A cigarette is not going to help.  One just leads to another and another.....You know this.    I always think back to when I was smoking and how, even before I finished a cigarette, I was planning the next one.  I guess if an addiction can be satisfied it wouldn't be an addiction.  

If you don't feed the monster it will go to sleep.  Keep moving forward.  It will get better.  xo

• Like 5

Well done ...this is how you quit for good....you fight each battle ,no matter how many...

Remember BRAVEHEART...you fight for your freedom....

Win each battle...and you win the war....the battles will get easier....

This is the truth right here. The battles get easier.
  • Like 1

Hi!

Thanks again for your answers, each one of them helped me keep focused and don´t lose control. 

I´m having some tough days...I know the first week is supposed to be the worst, and of course it was hard, especially physically, but this week the cravings have been worse...

-Nat

• Like 1

Hi!

Thanks again for your answers, each one of them helped me keep focused and don´t lose control. 

I´m having some tough days...I know the first week is supposed to be the worst, and of course it was hard, especially physically, but this week the cravings have been worse...

-Nat

Fix your quit date on your profile page. Set up a ticker and put your date on the board calendar so that we can get to celebrating you. Acknowledgement of your milestones is huge.

I'm sorry I'm late! Just keep your eyes on the prize, I know it can be tough.

Please remember, if it didn't get easier there is not a one of us who wouldn't have gone back to smoking.

You just gotta get through the tough stuff.

My life pretty much revolved around smoking for 20 years (closet smoker always in withdrawl). I think back, and am so relieved I got away from it. You will be too. Hang in there.