Random Thoughts & Questions

Petra

I have two random things on my mind tonight.

1)  What do you think about aprons??? 

I actually really like them.  I really only have 3 that I use frequently.  My Mom gave me one for Christmas a few years ago, but it didn't have a way to stay up.  I asked her to sew some straps on it for me (I unfortunately don't sew that well - yet), but haven't seen it again.  I don't but them for myself because for some reason.  Guess I need to tell Santa so that he can spread the word.  :)  

2) I enjoy quiet, dark, winter evenings after the holidays.  My family has casual dinner (maybe a random weeknight), we clean the kitchen, watch TV together in the family room - it's warm in the house.  They are rare nights, but no matter what else is going on, for a moment, time slows down.  

• Like 2

My random thoughts

Why do knicker manafacturers put such tight elastic at the sides of each pair so it leaves a lovely welt of wobbly bits above and below? I'm not even trying to be ambitious about sizing. 

Why does a guys week off and a womans week off (of work), look so vastly different? 

Why is the weather suddenly all howling wind and rain but warmer than usual and actually, could it just naf off cause I have hair that frizzes in that nonsense weather.

Do all kids long to lounge around in pajama's and commit to whinging every time you try and get them to dress...or send them to bed...

• Like 2

Why do stars fall down from the sky, every time, you walk by?

Why do people leave no more than a spit worth of milk in the container? No use nor ornament!

Why does nobody else change the toilet roll? Doesn't live on top of the loo...take out the old one and replace.

• Like 3

Why has my eldest daughter, by one minute, just completely gutted her room?

Has the penny finally dropped a tidy environment, a tidy mind?

Why has she stored eight rolls of cello tape (no wonder we never have any) and other various odds and sods that we have searched for?

Is she a horder?

Am I pleased that she has seen the light? You bet your life I am.

• Like 1

Why am I so short?

Don't know, but my daughter asks the same question.  Very good volleyball player, but 5'5".  Coaches pick height over most everything else.  Not to worry - lots of opportunities to play.  She isn't going for the Olympics.  She is on a fun team, enjoys playing and is growing - that is most important.  

Better to have fun playing and lose, then to not have fun playing and lose.  

Having fun and winning is the most fun, but some great growth can come from playing well, having fun and losing.  

Why do I wake up every morning...with my hair looking like worzel gummage...

I can never just brush and go...grrrr

If you figure that out let me know.  My hair is so bad when I wake up that if there was a fire I would probably stop to fix my hair before evacuating!  No need scaring the nice firemen!

• Like 2

Why, when you tell your children, to be ready to watch the tv show at 8:30pm do they come down at that time then fart Arse about for five minutes before they are ready? Trying to get them ready for work, ya know punctuality and all that jazz. Sheesh!

Why, when you tell your children, to be ready to watch the tv show at 8:30pm do they come down at that time then fart Arse about for five minutes before they are ready? Trying to get them ready for work, ya know punctuality and all that jazz. Sheesh!

I guess the same reason you tell your husband that dinner will be ready in 5 minutes, and then tell him in 5 minutes that it is indeed, ready.  And at that time, he has to go to the restroom, wash his hands, and fix a drink.

• Like 2

Sometimes you need to step back to move forward. Tough go for young athletes these days.

Sports are so competitive!  Time to remind our young athletes that being the best in sports doesn't define success.  Work hard! Play hard!  Go for the Win!  As Important - Have Fun!  Work Together!  Give! Grow!    

• Like 1

Why is it, that in the middle of every job, I hear the phrase "while your here....can you......(do something that wasn't part of the original job/estimate) and even after explaining that I can, but of course the bill will reflect it (in writing) ..they STILL question why the total bill is more than (originally) quoted....after all...I was already there, why should it cost more???...

Just my question for the day. :p

• Like 3