Chemical flavorings found in ecigs are linked to lung disease

Frezflops

Here is an interesting article about the problems and health risks found with ecigs

Apparently the flavoring can give you "popcorn lung" According to the article "The Occupational Safety and Health Administration, as well as the flavoring industry, has warned people against the use of diacetyl because of the link between inhaling the chemical and a disease called bronchiolitis obliterans, otherwise known as “popcorn lung.”

http://kfor.com/2015/12/08/chemical-flavorings-found-in-e-cigs-linked-to-lung-disease-study-says/

• Like 1

That was also posted by our local news to their Facebook page... In case my Sister-inLaw, and Brother-in-Law, missed it, I shared it to their wall.....both insist that vaping is harmless, and therefore is safe and is quick to pat themselves on the back because they "quit smoking" ..... I don't share their views..

Hopefully this kind of information gets out with more impact than the effects of smoking had on us when those studies were released in the 60's(?)..

I think they should be banned(they already are in some countries)

I know it is complete denial that people think that they are safer than cigs , now if they are being used short term to aid in quitting smoking and then be done with them I dont have an issue but it does not surprise me that they are starting to see the harmful effects. I had a person reply on this post on Facebook that she was okay with her husband using it for the last 2 years because at least he isn't smoking but it can still be causing the same if not more damage than people realize. The effects have not been fully realized yet in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Please.... whatever we 'read' hasn't been CONFIRMED.. it's the same as "news headlines"...

Just a thought.. but perhaps these reports are linked to the government who, contrary to what they "preach" do NOT want us to quit, or they'd be BILLIONS down on tax.... think about it!!!!

I don't know about the long term effect of ecigis.. NO ONE can... it's hit and miss... but if there's no nicotine in the 'juice' and it's made from 70% glycerine and 33% propylene glycol, with a dash of flavour, how CAN that cause.. what was it??? "POPCORN LUNG"???

Give me a break!!!!.....  each and every "syndrome" that's arisen in the past 3 decades should tell y'all something about how life is changing, and the effect chemicals in the AIR are having on every being!

"Believe half of what you see, and NONE of what you hear"......

• Like 1