Ughhh! I feel like I could kill for a cigarette help me!

Warrioringthrough

Lila, it is the change of the seasons and the holidays...Read below from you to you...and then go get busy doing anything but smoking!!

Lila, 
Baby you can do this!!! You've always looked up to shamans, Kung fu masters and Mystics for the reason of their wisdom and peace, there is no peace in smoking, it's always an anxiety. It's time to be reborn and see what my body is capable of as a non smoker, you know the life of a smoker, time for the beautiful unknown. All the time And extra money we will enjoy, using it positively to contribute to the greater good. Cigarettes hold us back from our full potential greatness. What a fool you were to think it was a part of an artists image to smoke and start to begin with, there is no glamour like the 1940s glorifies smoking to look like, it steals your shine, your worthy of shining bright like a comet!!! Stop romancing the idea of that stupid cigarette, it's gonna be hard but nothing worth it is easy! Now go shoot off into the sky and never look back! When the craving comes dismiss it off like its a creepy drunk guy overly trying to hit on you at a concert haha!! We got this! Love you! Wu Wei .... Warrior through...you choose don't be chosen... Light up the world not a cigarette  :) xo -me 

• Like 3

It's hard to remember, but this is for sure: until I hit 6 months, I could never imagine this was my forever quit. And I also gained back a lot of weight I'd lost over the previous 2 years. That's the plain truth.

But once I crossed that threshold I knew I'd never smoke again. I'm still fatter than I was, and years older at an age where every year counts, yet my stamina and athletic performance shame that younger, smoking me. From where I am now it's a no-brainer, and I only want the same for those coming after. 

Happy Anniversary! I know it doesn't mean anything to you now, but you're closer than you think, and I promise that if you keep going, you'll never regret it.

Oh, and I'm kinda lazy - you CAN keep the quit and lose the weight! 

• Like 3

I'm sorry you're having a difficult day Warrior.  It's common at this stage in the game to feel this way.  Try to keep in mind that it's the addiction talking.  Being a smoker is so hard.....Much harder than quitting if you ask me.   What do you think you miss about it?  Smelling like an ashtray?  Smoking outside in all kinds of weather?  Looks of disgust from others?  The crazy amounts of money you have to spend to keep your nicotine levels up?  

I have never felt better in my life than since I quit smoking.  Not just physically, but mentally also.  Conquering this addiction has given me a level of confidence I never knew was possible.  I want you to have that also.  Please keep going and I promise it will get better.  So much better.

• Like 3

Warrior, you have hit that time when your last cigarette is now far enough away, that you can't remember what it really is like to smoking. What you have in your head is not the reality of smoking, you don't want that cigarette, not really.

Stick with us Warrior, keep taking it day by day, keep yourself busy and try not to give the thought of smoking any head space. You are a non-smoker, you don't smoke anymore, there is nothing to think about, keep saying that to yourself.

Four months is awesome by the way and here's to your first smoke-free Christmas since you were probably a kid x

• Like 3

Omg! Fancy yesssss! Army!!! Catfish!!! Thank you all I needed that so so much!! I was really weak. That made me cry, sunny about the Christmas. Very deep. You guys gave me a gift that's priceless another day smoke free thank you all so much!! Incredible people!! Sending the biggest hug ever sent to all of you. And besides everything else I never want to go through those first few days again!! Insanity!!! Love you all !

• Like 5

But honestly earlier I felt like chain smoking a pack... It's crazy how it comes out of the blue.

Remember that. It might happen again, but less and less until soon you will be completely free. I'm very proud of you, and I think you chose your name well.

Congratulations!

ps Sunny really is very perceptive, isn't she?

But honestly earlier I felt like chain smoking a pack... It's crazy how it comes out of the blue.

It's not like that forever. Honest.

Great work on posting and resisting!

I'll tell you a secret that I discovered. Smoking or not smoking didn't make me fat.

Too much eating and not enough moving did. I'm focusing now on moving some more and eating less.

I freaked out at 3 months, 6 months..and had a mini meltdown at 11 months...Nothing since..and never will again.  You will get there.  What you are experiencing is normal.  Everyone is different but the magic number seems to be 1 year..because of all the "firsts".

With each challenge, you are stronger and wiser. 

Congrats to you on your success at remaining a non smoker.  4 months is Awesome!!

Congrats on 4 months and pushing through.

as I've read your pre respond and that you're ok, I'm gonna say you really do need to hold on and that every one of these craves faced down gives the next one far less power. Now a smoking thought simply gets batted away as a romancing type thought, like "swat", oh gone, and carry on with life but the money and health continue to benefit me. Also as I see you like alternative my spiritual gifts have shot through the roof! It's almost as if with the mental push through I awakened on so many levels, it's very cool and you should hang out for that bit.

Much love and congrats. x