NOPE....?

I don't NOPE. It's not that I feel strongly against it. I just haven't done it. But I see the old timers still NOPE and just wondered what it does for you? Do you think posting that word on the Internet every day makes a difference? What if you don't NOPE? What does it mean to you? Do you do it everyday?

• Like 2

For me it has multiple support functions. Day 1 I didn't nope, I thought it a bit silly to be honest, like why would I bother? But then someone said I should and I had to be honest, I hadn't done it not only for feeling silly but also because I wasn't sure I wouldn't smoke.

Day 2 onwards it became a promise to myself and everyone else who had typed it that I gave my word. Some people start a quit only for themselves, mine was a group effort, I was quitting for kids/me/partner and then added some non smoking buddies. It kept me accountable and some days I "might" have smoked if I hadn't given my word I think. Some days I'd nope in advance of midnight for the next day for the same reason.

Then it became habit.

Now I still do it when I log on to remind myself.  I'm actually thinking of incorporating it into a tattoo on a very small scale at a later stage. That accountability saved my life I think because some days, I wasn't strong enough alone.

x

• Like 2

My reasons....1st...it reminds me....never get too comfy and always be on your guard...and I promise myself

Whatever I deal with this day....smoking is not on the table ever...

2nd...I like to support all the folks here who still want to do a daily nope...to some folks it's very important..

When I first arrived at the boards...some days it was all that kept me going...my promise to me.....

• Like 3

I thinks it nice that people do it. I generally don't but i was hit with a stupid thought that lingered for awhile ( I had, had a bit of alcohol at the time) So I came on here and done nope, because it was there for as Marti says accountability, I promise I wouldn't so I wouldn't.

This whole place is a tool, you post, some just lurk and are happy to do that.

The diversity of the forum mean's there are tools every way to help it just depends what works for you

• Like 3

By definition, if you are quit, you are NOPEd.

If you don't NOPE, you can't be quit at all, then, right?

Publicly proclaiming it, though, makes no difference. Many of those who do so, fail and quit .... and many who have quit forever, never do.

Easy Peasy

ALL of the above...

There are days, Sunny when I don't 'get her' either... and others when I do, I FORGET to nope, or worse, start the post then hit the wrong button LOL!!!

Not all the topics are interesting to me, but that's what makes us human... uniqueness!!!!

oh and TIME... some days I'm hardly in front of the lappy, and others I may be here hours!

"whatever rocks your boat" as they say here... lol!