Getting to know you....

PorkandPancakes

were are you  . texas usa

when did I quit . march 3 2013

how . cold turkey and quit smoking forum

parent . unfortune  no kids

job .school bus driver.

interesting fact . I can cut a deck of cards with one hand and can dislocate my thumb.

born.july 12 1963

heght 6ft 3 in

eyes brown

hair black what little I have

pets 2 one dog and one cat. yes bakon I know boxshitter

married 18 years this year

Petra-that throat clearing thing is exactly me! I'm always doing it. Even now. How long did it take to clear? I'm looking forward to a clear throat!

Actually, it went a way pretty quickly - within the first couple months, I think.  If I am around smoke, like a campfire, it acts up pretty badly. 

My mistake Bumble. I misread your home country. Think I was trying to take in everybody's answers and got mixed up. So Mounties are the Canadian Police.....are there any secret agencies like MI5 or FBI?

Bakon: yes, no gun (thank goodness) but I don't encounter guns often either. Football capital? You mean American Football? I love country. I would also love to visit Nashville. And eat Southern food. I'd love that.

Maple syrup protection. MSP

Hey, if we all teamed up as a comic tv cop trio we could be "bakon maple pancakes". My punchline would always be about how we were in a sticky situation.

But that's IF I were secretly in teh Canadian FBI. 

Which I'm totally not.

now I'm hungry

• Like 1

Scene1: bacon, maple and pancake standing back to a wall

Pancake: ssssh, we need to 'crepe' quietly down the corridor

Bacon: I hope the Pig is in there

Maple: This could be a 'sticky situation'

Tense music plays, camera pans out, advert break.......

My contribution, now I need a drink!

• Like 1

Action- how exciting, a dad in mere days. Enjoy your last few worry free days. And buckle up, you're in for one hell of a ride. Ps: any VHS or specific ones? I got a few stuffed in a cabinet somewhere!

Thanks. No baby yet, but I suppose it could happen anytime now, just waiting for the call! :)

I only really collect tapes released prior to time that the BBFC started certifying stuff, so released in 1983/84 or earlier. As you can imagine, it's getting harder to find them in good condition, being more than 30 years old! :fabulous:

• Like 1

Where in the world are you? North coast of Ohio USA
When and how did you quit? Oct. 24 2013 Had bad sore throat thus cold turkey and then found forum couple of days later.
Did smoking affect your health that you know of? Pack a day - Smokers cough and out of breath a lot 
Has quitting significantly improved things? Hell ya, in all perspectives of my life!
What is the last music album you bought? The Who on cd when cd's first came out i think
Are you a parent? Yes, 2 goofy dogs and raised a pet rock once!
Tell me an interesting fact about you? In a relationship with a pretty English woman who lives in England! 

What is your current (or your last) job? Card says operation manage but really the go to guy or blame it on guy!

• Like 1

Like Bakon, I don't have the skills to copy and paste on my IPad...so....here are just the answers.. :p

I'm near Rez,..about 1 hr west , along the shores of Lake Erie in Ohio.

I quit on Nov. 20,2013.... Always knew I had to someday, and was just a couple days "semi " retired.. I noticed I only had 3 cigarettes left..so...decide when those were gone, I would be done....it was time...quit cold turkey and with the help of these forums.

It affected my health like everyone else....cough, shortness of breath, etc, ..no "major" illnesses, but I did lose my Mom to lung cancer when she was only 39 years old, and a year ago my little sister lost a portion of her lung to cancer, but is now smoke free and otherwise doing well....

Quitting has made me appreciate the little things a bit more......

Last album.....hmmmm...so long ago I am not completely sure... I will venture a guess and say Aerosmith "Get Your Wings".. I had worn out countless "8-tracks" and cassettes, lol...so purchased a cd a few years ago....

I am an (extremely proud)parent of 4 beautiful daughters, and grandfather to 7 beautiful granddaughters... As many on here have noticed with my relentless posting of pictures of them...

I was 15 when our oldest daughter was born..and 18 when the second was born.... :p ..but... I really didn't have anything to do with it.... I adopted them after we were married... They were 3 and 6 and I am the only "Dad" they ever knew.....

I am (was) an electrician, retired from the local school system as the assistant engineer in charge of buildings and grounds..... I continue to do small jobs now and then, but only enough so I still have time to play golf and go on vacations...lol... I am 54, so at some point I may get another "real" job because I get bored easy and like to stay busy, but for now I am REALLY liking this .... :)