Skydiving Sarge Is Back ...

sgt.barney

Thank you....so much better!

You were the 3rd person replying when I posted for the first time and I learned "Easy Peasy" that day. I never really understood your "Easy Peasy" at the beginning, but now I use words like "easy" and "simple" as well when somebody asked me how quitting felt

My imagination went wild when I thought how quitting would be...in reality..it's really easy and really simple...... or at least can be easy when your mind is made up.

I am glad Sgt. Sausage is back...can't help with the eggs 

My imagination went wild when I thought how quitting would be...in reality..it's really easy and really simple...... or at least can be easy when your mind is made up.

It can be as simple and easy as ... well ... jumping out of a plane.[1]

Some folks just don't want to let go and some *really* don't like that feeling of falling, but in the end you end up on the ground no worse for wear and Euphoric.

Easy Peasy

FOOTNOTES:

[1] Trying to stay relevant to the whole skydiving theme.

Meh I preferred Barney to be honest;)

The Barney Suit was causing problems in the bedroom w/ Mrs. Sarge.

We couldn't figure out what to do with the tail. [1]

;)

Easy Peasy

FOOTNOTES:

[1] It had to go. Had to.

• Like 4

Sarge, I am trying to remember....what came before skydiving Sarge?

There was a picture of The Sarge getting drunk with his favorite bottle at Bright Angel Campground at Phantom Ranch (bottom of the Grand Canyon after a long hike down the North Kaibob).

His ever-present hiking hat on with matching headlamp (it's dark down there at midnight.)

Was cropped to just show the face and not the bottle - public drunkenness being ... not allowed ... at that particular campground.

9331_100923256594917_3777622_n.jpg

After that there were any number of pics of Running Sarge at various Marathons and Half-Marathons ...

Easy Peasy

• Like 1

I have done static but not free fall(nor want to) - you nutter! - nice picture

The Sarge prefers "Hop & Pop" - jump out (the "hop") at freefall altitude (11,000-14,000  feet (3300 - 4200 meters for the rest of The World)) and deploy chute immediately (the "pop") without freefall. Similar to most static line jumps but done much higher and you deploy yourself without the line.

Turns a 1-minute freefall into a 12 to 15-minute canopy flight. (wind/weather, altitude,  and flight path dependent)

Free fall is fun and all that, but it's over too darned fast.

Easy Peasy

• Like 1

The Sarge prefers "Hop & Pop" - jump out (the "hop") at freefall altitude (11,000-14,000  feet (3300 - 4200 meters for the rest of The World)) and deploy chute immediately (the "pop") without freefall. Similar to most static line jumps but done much higher and you deploy yourself without the line.

Turns a 1-minute freefall into a 12 to 15-minute canopy flight. (wind/weather, altitude,  and flight path dependent)

Easy Peasy

I didn`t trust myself enough to pull my own line - sitting in the door was traumatic enough - I am scared of heights and I am sure the first time I was pushed ;) but above and beyond those few minutes decent, once the chute is deployed  is like no other feeling I have or probably will experience again - the landing also sucked LOL 

I am scared of heights  ...

The Sarge feels ya.

He has a fear of heights, too.

Nobody believes him, but he is.[1]

He is.

Easy Peasy

FOOTNOTES:

[1] It's part of what makes it fun - being scared. Like scary movies. Many of us want to be scared.

The Sarge feels ya.

He has a fear of heights, too.

Nobody believes him, but he is.[1]

He is.

Easy Peasy

FOOTNOTES:

[1] It's part of what makes it fun - being scared. Like scary movies. Many of us want to be scared.

true - I tried not to let my my fears limit my experiences and I am so glad I did as it was one of my bucket list crossed off - I did 4 jumps it would have been more but it was in March and the cloud base was against us - we could have from there advanced if we had enough jumps - I still wonder to this day - would I have gone for it?

Easy Peasy

I agree 100% with Mrs. Sarge on this particular topic...