Name change

It's ok.... I kinda liked the old one...like you said.....it's the Internet and you can be anything you want..... Which also means I can picture the user on the other end any way I want, and smoking hot brings up a better image than pancakes....lol. ;)

I might have to cook pancakes now lol.

Great name, go big or go home I say :)

The sleep thing calms down. Some basics for natural rememdies though. Lavender is said to be relaxing, maybe scented bath things before bed. Hot chocolate, never underestimate warm milk. Chamomile or Peppermint tea are great (they never tell you peppermint which is technically for stomach but really works well for sleep). xx

Bakon ? Pancakes ?

It kinda makes me think of food when I come here now....aww I do love a pancake....

Sleep patterns.....oh yes all over the show......some sleep deprived....some sleep lots.....

It does settle down eventually....

When I first quit....I used the board near enough 24 hours a day....didn't sleep much at all.....

Soon enough I was back to sleeping well....

Your doing great....just go with it....x

Aw thanks guys, it's nice to have support. Just awake and up, ready for another night shift. This time equipped with better ideas. Breathe, mindful, gum at the ready.

Interestingly, I still have that tight chest/throat from years of smoking which serves well to put me off also. I think to myself, 6 days later has made no change to this. Why on earth would k make it even worse?

I do find 'the quit' is literally the first thing on my mind from the second I wake up. Not necessarily a craving, just 'oh, I dont smoke, that's weird'

Anyway, I'm off to eat some 'breakfast' at tea time. It's all so confusing, especially as lots of you are across the pond in different time zones!

Ava - that's a hilarious name! Whatever made you come up with that?

Marti - some lovely advice, thank you

Joe - you old flirt, you! I kinda liked the name too but it did seem a little pretentious at second glance. I liked the pun on 'non' smoking but I never have been 'smokinghot'!

And Bakon - I didn't ask either!! ;-)

• Like 2

Bakon ? Pancakes ?

It kinda makes me think of food when I come here now....aww I do love a pancake....

I can not believe you let this one slide by you without using the word sausage!!  Or mentioning how much you do love a sausage.  Hmm, seems you're slippin Doreen.

• Like 1

Lol, pancakes don't have to be sweet though. This side of the pond you can get em with cheese and ham and other savoury fillings. Sometimes they call em crepes and they're served the size of dinner plates and very thin. Not like the thick sweet ones served in the US. Both are good.

Day 7 nearly down. I'm not sure why I'm counting, what's the ultimate goal? It takes a long time to count to forever! Perhaps I should set a reward up for certain milestones?

• Like 2

Aw thanks guys, it's nice to have support. Just awake and up, ready for another night shift. This time equipped with better ideas. Breathe, mindful, gum at the ready.

Interestingly, I still have that tight chest/throat from years of smoking which serves well to put me off also. I think to myself, 6 days later has made no change to this. Why on earth would k make it even worse?

I do find 'the quit' is literally the first thing on my mind from the second I wake up. Not necessarily a craving, just 'oh, I dont smoke, that's weird'

Anyway, I'm off to eat some 'breakfast' at tea time. It's all so confusing, especially as lots of you are across the pond in different time zones!

Ava - that's a hilarious name! Whatever made you come up with that?

I used to frequent a pub that sold pickled eggs and we always used to dare each other to buy one. No one ever did though. Also the bartender looked quite a bit like Hugh Jackman. But I digress.

Day 7 nearly down. I'm not sure why I'm counting, what's the ultimate goal? It takes a long time to count to forever! Perhaps I should set a reward up for certain milestones?

Every day is worth counting - sometimes every minute too.  :)   As time goes by, you won't think about it as much.  A whole day and more will go by and the thought of smoking won't even enter your mind at all.  

In the beginning, however, every moment we don't smoke is a celebration! :)   

Congrats!!  and Welcome!!! 

• Like 1

Pancakes, Bakon can be a pain in the 'ss the best way is to use his own words against him :P

So Porky boy maybe you can make her some flenches? Be nice, ok? Or do you réally need me come over for some spanking-oh wait I might send one of my pigs over to shit on well something. That stinks :P

Pancakes you are doing great.

Evelyn, thank you for your sweet words.

Bakon doesn't bother me. I can see he's a little rough round the edges but I'm sure he's a soft teddy bear on the inside ;-). Besides, I don't need him to be nice cos I have the rest of you lovely lot doing that. Bakon reminds me of the kid that punches your arm in the playground cos he forgot how to use his manners. <pokes tongue out at Bakon> :-)