IAmDoing It I miss you

Amy

I am so glad you are back! Let's do this!

I made a contract with myself a "quit smoking contract" very detailed, especially the reward section :-) It might sound stupid, but when I looked at this piece of paper it helped me through the first weeks. 

Write down why you want to quit!

Write down what you will gain!

Write down how you will reward yourself if you stay quit!

...and sign it!

It might sound silly but it's actually a very helpful tool...well at least for me!

• Like 3

So, I am back. I have been hiding with my tail between my legs. I blew my quit. Amy is now going to be a week ahead of me.

I was at a pyrotechnic shoot this weekend without internet or phone. I will not get into the gory details, needless to say, I proved once again N.O.P.E is the only way, and I didn't do that.

Hi Iam, can't believe I missed this yesterday :(

Sorry to hear that you smoked, but happy you are back!

Quitting smoking is not an event, it is a journey. That's why we are all on this train together. I'm glad that you hopped right back on and that you aren't smoking again. Please come here each day and pledge to nope as I think it really does help you get through a tough day when they happen.

• Like 4

Thank you one and all for your support and acceptance of my F**K UP.

I will never give up quitting. I'm on the train, and I'm going to the final destination. Sorry I jumped off for a bit.

You all are fantastic!

Hang with me, I'm here!

• Like 7

You'll be sleeping for now but let us know how it's going when you wake up. In my humble opinion I would also stop kicking yourself for what happened as of now, focus on the future and learn from the past is always a safer and happier bet than mentally berating yourself. x

• Like 2

^^^^^^

What she said...

what happened, happened. 

Nothing you or anyone else can do about that.

Positive attitude - be determined to work out why you fell off - and what you can do to make sure that doesn't happen again. 

You can do this Iam.

• Like 2

Hi Mart. Thanks for checking on me. It is morning, and I am doing fine.

It's not the quit that I have trouble with....the fight, the battles, the continuous thinking. It's when I am off guard that I have trouble. When out of the blue an opportunity happens. That's when I get into trouble.

I will seriously get to work on that. That's been my failure every time.

• Like 1

Hi Mart. Thanks for checking on me. It is morning, and I am doing fine.

It's not the quit that I have trouble with....the fight, the battles, the continuous thinking. It's when I am off guard that I have trouble. When out of the blue an opportunity happens. That's when I get into trouble.

Welcome back, Iam!  Think of the situations when that has happened...and then plan what you will do differently, next time.  Just keep telling yourself Not One Puff Ever!!  

• Like 1

The word "opportunity" is your problem.  I'm glad you're back.

I know it sounds a bit simple but take smoking off the table in your mind, literally think no matter what I can't...

Then you need to find that thing that you are going to do instead. I always carried cough sweets (like hard candy but the only type I like) and that could pass a crave cause it took so damn long to suck the thing lol. I also carried a jasper crystal (cause that's my thing) but any smooth stone would do it, to roll over in my hands, gave me something to do that was physical, or I'd click my fingers, or shuffle...sometimes all of the above lol. These worked for me, I've also known others chew toothpicks, carry cut off straws to suck air through. 

I understand what you are saying about the surprise element of attacks. I described it to Amy with day 7/8 but also got it day 3, they came swift and hard. I literally cried and posted. I get you couldn't post but get someones phone number, a buddy, to ring who can talk you down if you can't post an sos. But seriously get something with you in what may be stressful situations, xx

• Like 3