Expose the lie.....GO!

babs609

3604c66.jpg

This morning as I was driving to work I thought about that stupid excuse I used about some BS about needing something to do with my hands.....what the heck kind of BS is that?

What to do with the hands?? Well...if your driving..how about just driving? Why do you need something else to do with your hands? They are plenty busy.

It truly amazes me...the lies we told over and over and were totally convinced they were true!

Tell me more lies......and expose why they are lies...GO!

• Like 7

LIE: "I'm not me without my cigarettes...they are a part of my identity."

NOT!

TRUTH: I am MORE ME, I am FINALLY ME, without cigarettes.

LIE: "I don't have enough crutches.  After all, I quit drinking! I deserve this one."

NOT!

TRUTH: How about sweets, exercise, sex, coffee and delicious foods??  That's more than enough.

LIE: "I can't function in my daily life with all this crying, moaning and yelling."

NOT!

TRUTH: I can function.  Those around me will just have to accept me for who I am at this moment.  This too shall pass.

• Like 7

'I don't smoke that many', 'I don't spend that much on smoking' were 2 of mine... I tell you what, even so, it still bloody adds up quick - I just need to look at my ticker to see how many 'not many' would have been in the last 2 years. 1 cigarette is too many! :good:

• Like 5

Only thing I'm left wirh without cigs is a mint in my mouth on regular basis, no smoking, 2 meds you crave food fromi just suckle on mints. So what I breathe fresh air, don't feel guilty stinky and stupid and very proud :D so pick the mints if you have to choose when youre scared you gain weight (i lost weight) and I AM PROUD of my healthy lungs and body

• Like 4

My guiny pigs eat more then me, they chew all they ;)

I gain weight if i quit. BULL you only gain if you allow yourself to eat pots of peanutbutter and chocolate everyday if you eat normal, you're weight stabalises and GETS NORMAL.

• Like 1

Lie - If I smoked outside, wore a coat, wore a hat, held my arm away from me, puffed upwind, then washed my hands, washed my forearms, brushed my teeth, chewed gum, used scented lotion and ran my fingers through my hair, ....then I wouldn't stink.

Truth - yea right

• Like 2

Most of my family and friends smoke I will be left out

Nothing changes just don't be all preachy :)

(I did have to make a few adjustments in the beginning to protect my quit)

I'm having a really bad day or life crisis and JUST ONE smoke will make it all disappear and unicorns will shake glitter all over and e very thing will be sparkly

Nope a bad day is a bad day

• Like 3

Lie: I have too much stress in my life right now. Not a good time to quit.

Truth: there is always gonna be stress in my life to some degree. It's life. But the crazy thing is...I was never more stressed than when I was a smoker. Going through withdrawal no less than 20 times a day...I would say that's pretty stressful.

• Like 1

LIE.....smoking related illness won't happen to me....

TRUTH

Oh yes it will....because it already has....

xx Mammy. 

Lie - I need it to manage the stress

truth I used it to repress my emotions and gut instincts that I now use for life and working to help others. 

Lie - Some people have an addictive nature

Truth - Some people are addicted to nicotine and need to kick that to the kerb.

• Like 1

Lie: My family is telling me to smoke again!!  Nobody supports me any way, so what's the point?

Truth: This quit is FOR ME and ME ALONE.  Only I understand my struggle and only I can overcome. Nobody owes me anything - I got myself into this mess and it's my job to get myself out.

• Like 5

Lie: My family is telling me to smoke again!!  Nobody supports me any way, so what's the point?

Truth: This quit is FOR ME and ME ALONE.  Only I understand my struggle and only I can overcome. Nobody owes me anything - I got myself into this mess and it's my job to get myself out.

Sorry to hear your family is not giving the support you deserve...

Plenty here...and your so right...your doing this for YOU....

I'm sure this is making you stronger...you show them...youv,e got this....xx