Text Etiquette

cheri

Okay..I get that some people are busy. Cant text back right away.

HOWEVER...

Texting me back after I asked you a question two days ago, makes me crazy.

Or not texting back at all. I hate that. Especially if YOU initiated the text.

I also hate the no response after having a conversation for however long.

No answers make me nuts.

Or texting me...call me WTF? you couldnt call ME for that???

Or texting me..did you get my texts? (the one you sent 5 mins ago after the other 9. i was just making sure you were done so i could answer)

Or texting me...K. WTF is K? Fuckoff with that.

Or ...hey. and thats it.

What is that? 

Theres more I can add to this, but Im going to burn my bacon, and then Alex will make fun of me forever.

I dont know how it is for other people, but for me and most of the people I associate with answer back within an hour, even if its only "I cant talk now", unless we know the other is really busy. We also say okay..see ya. Whatever...Something. end the conversation. Usually.

It drives me insane when I ask a question via text/email/FB messenger and it takes FOREVER (like over a minute - lol) for people to answer.  Especially when you are waiting for an answer so you can make plans. 

For some - I'm like, well, that's just so and so , it might take them a couple of days.

For others, you know they check their phone, email Facebook - whatever all the time, so why dont' they answer???? 

Of course, I too am guilty.  I'm like - I'll get back to you tonight, then I don't get back to them til like two days later.  I have one friend who I know I drive her insane, but in my defense, I'm usually waiting for my husband to make a decision.  :)

I currently have 13 unread text messages on my phone... And that's pretty good for me, as it was 30+ a few weeks ago...! I think I would drive you mad :P

Oh my gosh!  You would drive me crazy! 

• Like 1

Modern tecnology ..is truly wasted on me...

Half the time I dont even hear my phone...even though it's on as loud as it can go....

Just got a new phone too....this means trouble....by the time I've learned how it works...it's time to swap it again...grrrrr

• Like 1

Speaking of etiquette....what is up with the f-bomb?  Just saying...

Get over it.

I try sometimes, really hard, actually to NOT do it.

But, its me, and it happens when I am just talking. Expressing. Sharing. 

Especially if I really feel something.

I cant and wont change who I am, and if thats all you are getting from anything I post, Im sure you can figure out how to block me.

Thank you for your input though.

• Like 1

Okay... I know the answer to this one, Cheri ...

"Never trust someone who takes hours to text you back....

But when you're with them, they always have their phone in their hands.." (texting,gaming, whatever)!!!!!!

THAT, my friend, says it all!!!!!

Get over it.

I try sometimes, really hard, actually to NOT do it.

But, its me, and it happens when I am just talking. Expressing. Sharing. 

Especially if I really feel something.

I cant and wont change who I am, and if thats all you are getting from anything I post, Im sure you can figure out how to block me.

Thank you for your input though.

I would never have said a word, if you had not posted about etiquette in the first place...and you can also block me, if you do not care for my honest input. We are both entitled to express our opinions in any way we choose.  I wish only the best for you, your family, and your quit.  And neither of us have to change who we are. 

• Like 2